59th Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring

Hmmmm, I obviously missed a bit, how and when did Audi get in front?
The Peugeot's seemed to have a fairly solid lead early on.

It's all switching around as Audi pitted their cars in the last caution period, and Peugeot didn't.

Davidson not changing tyres at his last stop is potentially a positive sign for Peugeot though.

One of the GMG Porsche 911s' just pulled off-course.........................Caution! Caution's out!
Looked as though the 911 was spewing fire from the rear; my guess is that the engine just BBQ'ed itself...........

......and we have contact! Dindo Capello in the R15 tried to hold off Marc Gene in the 908.........and Gene spun him out going through Turn 17........:o:o

Class leaders after 5 hours in Sebring....................
LMP-1} #10 Oreca-Matmut Peugeot 908 HDi(O. Panis), 1st overall
LMP-2} #33 Level 5 Motorsports Lola-Honda(J. Barbosa), 7th overall/-6 lap
LMPC} #036 Genoa Racing Oreca-FLM(D. Cameron), 8th overall/-6 lap
GT} #55 BMW Motorsport BMW M3(A. Farfus), 11th overall/-8 laps
GTE-Am} #57 Krohn Racing Ferrari 458 Italia(T. Krohn), 24th overall/-9 laps
GTC} #077 Magnus Racing Porsche 911 GT3(M. Marsh), 29th overall/-11 laps

Very unpredictable so far. Would love to see ORECA win overall! But Lamy's #8 seems to have got off lightly.

It's a BMW 1-2 in GT, I believe, with Jaime Melo's Ferrari third.

Very unpredictable so far. Would love to see ORECA win overall! But Lamy's #8 seems to have got off lightly.

It's a BMW 1-2 in GT, I believe, with Jaime Melo's Ferrari third.

It's been unpredictable so far; I'm surprised to see Audi having the problems they've had.......not something one normally sees from the Ingolstadt crew. You're right about Lamy, Galahad........that team got off very lightly, all things considered......

On another note, I'm happy to see some of the Grand-Am teams representing well today; both Magnus Racing & The Racer's Group have led in GTC.....it's watching races like this that make me really wish we had one sports-car series in North America instead of two.......

It's been unpredictable so far; I'm surprised to see Audi having the problems they've had.......not something one normally sees from the Ingolstadt crew. You're right about Lamy, Galahad........that team got off very lightly, all things considered......

On another note, I'm happy to see some of the Grand-Am teams representing well today; both Magnus Racing & The Racer's Group have led in GTC.....it's watching races like this that make me really wish we had one sports-car series in North America instead of two.......

Amen to that. And makes me really wish that teams like Flying Lizards, Pratt & Miller and Risi came over to race in Europe more often.

Amen to that. And makes me really wish that teams like Flying Lizards, Pratt & Miller and Risi came over to race in Europe more often.

I'd like to see Ganassi Racing jump into the LMP ranks and challenge Audi & Peugeot........now wouldn't that be one hell of a scrap?

I'd like to see Ganassi Racing jump into the LMP ranks and challenge Audi & Peugeot........now wouldn't that be one hell of a scrap?

Not completely out of the question - Chip has long-standing links with Toyota, who are taking a step back into sportscars with Rebellion this season, and have their former F1 facility in Cologne standing there doing nothing...

Still great battles raging through LMP1 and GT past half-distance. The top five cars in GT are all on the same lap, and are five different makes of car! (Ferrari F430 and F458, BMW M3, Corvette and Porsche)

Back
Top Bottom