2022 Silly season

Looks like Giovinazzi is going to be possibly back in F1 with Haas so that Binotto can keep his job no doubt

Last edited:
Last edited:
It would seem departing Red Bull on your own terms is somewhat a poisoned chalice, the odds of being sacked are slightly better for a continuing career. It would seem that there is something about Red Bull cars that make them competitive in some drivers hands but despite their swapped to car being quick in their teammates hands ex RB drivers just can't cut it. We know Ricardo's win was a team order as Lando was all over him and was told to hold station though he was on a different strategy.

a picture i didnt think id see

IMG_20220826_161333.jpg

& according to Anthony Davidson. Gasly to alpine is off, because him & ocon seemingly hate each other & have from their karting days
Really Alpine should be saying you re both performing for the team and therefore act professionally and not petulant. It can't be as bad as Senna and Prost right?

It would seem departing Red Bull on your own terms is somewhat a poisoned chalice, the odds of being sacked are slightly better for a continuing career. It would seem that there is something about Red Bull cars that make them competitive in some drivers hands but despite their swapped to car being quick in their teammates hands ex RB drivers just can't cut it. We know Ricardo's win was a team order as Lando was all over him and was told to hold station though he was on a different strategy.
Mclaren seems to have trouble building a driver friendly car even Norris says its hard to drive but he has adapted better. Ricciardo is no longer the legendary late broker that made some fantastic passing moves.

Looks like he's been badly kicked in the balls further by Mclaren after Red Bull said he shouldn't have left a race winning car

Really Alpine should be saying you re both performing for the team and therefore act professionally and not petulant. It can't be as bad as Senna and Prost right?
i would say, it could be, from what anthony was saying these grew up in the same town & it could be described as a childhood feud. thats still not resolved

also im fully team piastri, because otmar is being unfair in this, becasue what piastri supposed to do stay on sidelines til 2025, while he gave alonso a 2 year deal. he couldnt have done anymore to deserve a seat with alpine he won 3 consecutive junior titles. when mclaren gave them a chance they didnt want to, as it was clear they were going to favour alonso over him & now ther desperate for their consolation prize to bail them out

also im fully team piastri, because otmar is being unfair in this, becasue what piastri supposed to do stay on sidelines til 2025, while he gave alonso a 2 year deal. he couldnt have done anymore to deserve a seat with alpine he won 3 consecutive junior titles. when mclaren gave them a chance they didnt want to, as it was clear they were going to favour alonso over him & now ther desperate for their consolation prize to bail them out
Totally agree again where is Laurent Rosdi's leadership in all of this? What are Alpine doing as part of Renault?
Piastri does not want to end up like Heidfeld or Giovinazzi or Gasly waiting for the main team promotion and needs to think about his F1 career going upwards

fasinating i was just hearing this on sky sports & alpine are seemingly feeling like they can cope with a potential fire. could be depending on CRB. but then alpine could be just using CRB as leverage for compensation to pay for a replacement
Gasly AlphaTauri > Alpine
Schumacher Haas > AlphaTauri
Riccardio McLaren > Le Mans 24
Piastri Alpine > McLaren

It appears to be a symptomatic problem that Red Bull will either permanently damage your F1 career staying around too long and not getting the recognition like Kyvat, Albon , Vergne and now Gasly..

Or you will have success but it's going to end your career early like Vettel maybe Ricciardo so is it an indication of Verstappen 's career will be shorter?
Sainz is the only one to escape that peril

im starting to think this is the final year of the schumacher name in F1

I'd see this as a precursor to him landing at Alpine, rather than necessarily leaving F1...

After all, Schumacher returning to Enstone would be much more of a "coming home" than Ferrari

(I *know* that Michael Schumacher started at Jordan, based at Silverstone, but, that lasted all of 1 mile of racing)

I'd see this as a precursor to him landing at Alpine, rather than necessarily leaving F1...

After all, Schumacher returning to Enstone would be much more of a "coming home" than Ferrari

(I *know* that Michael Schumacher started at Jordan, based at Silverstone, but, that lasted all of 1 mile of racing)
So rename the team Benetton Renault then...wait that means bring back the snake Flavio Briatore as well

Back
Top Bottom