Grand Prix 2022 Miami (USA SouthEast?) Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Back in the day we used to have two races in the US, the USA Grand Prix West, at Long Beach, and the US Grand Prix East, at Watkins Glen. Now we have a second GP in America, and with the Austin race being South, I have christened this the USA South East Grand Prix. You may choose to follow suit, or just call it the Miami Grand Prix.

This is the first race held in Miami, but just three hours away (still in Florida) is the location of the first American Grand Prix, Sebring. There was a race held there in 1959, which was won by Bruce McLaren in a Cooper-Climax. The track is still in operation, but presumably the location is not as attractive as Miami.

The circuit is 3.363 miles long and the race will last for 57 laps, so a little short of 200 mile "standard". Here's the layout, courtesy of the lovely people at SKY.

1651610465439.png

Here's an animated lap of the circuit.

And for those in the UK here are the race times.

1651610835251.png

My apologies if this is all a bit "factual", I'm struggling to build a great deal of enthusiasm. Let's hope the race proves me wrong and it's an absolute stonker.

Last edited:
all the new grand prix's lives & dies by the circuit. because we get a brilliant race then alot of this will be forgotten. but at least its prime time viewing

i know im preaching to the converted to american members we have, i just remembered england played a few games at this stadium in miami before the disgrace that was the 2014 world cup & might be the worst performance at a world cup. that was start of june instead of the start of may & if it rains like that. we will have a Belgium on our hands because F1 would stand no chance with the thunder & lightening, torrential rain that day

3.363 miles long and the race will last for 57 laps, so a little short of 200 mile
"Interestingly", even though F1 races are quoted as running for 200 miles, actually, the standard is 190 miles, or 305km. The regulations are actually specific that the race should consist of the least number of laps that exceeds 305km.

Monaco is written into the regulations as an exception, where the race distance is determined by the minimum number of laps such that the distance exceeds 260km

Pointless fact, every paper money note in Miami is contaminated with cocaine - https://edition.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/08/14/cocaine.traces.money/

Anyone care to predict the result? Can we expect Mercedes to be more competitive? Is it going to be a tough road circuit, where any moment off-line is punished with broken suspension or a puncture?

I think its pointless at moment to 2nd guess Mercedes. because we keep expecting them to come back & but you never know what your going to get mercedes were different again from qualifying to race

they have hope as they say they found the issue & have got updates to bring that should fix issue

Last edited:
Pointless fact, every paper money note in Miami is contaminated with cocaine - 90 percent of U.S. bills carry traces of cocaine - CNN.com

Anyone care to predict the result? Can we expect Mercedes to be more competitive? Is it going to be a tough road circuit, where any moment off-line is punished with broken suspension or a puncture?

Mercedes has a good chance to show a good result! The problems mentioned in the article also exist in other teams, so do not worry too much about it.

i know we as long term fans we are going to like some of the things F1 are doing. but. i think Liberty media are doing a great job at growing the sport & we just going to have to suck it up sometimes. as proven my McLaren they going to be followed by 1 biggest talk shows in the country. its incredible exposure & i believe F1 will be challenging the big 3 USA sports & maybe global as well

if were honest F1 was going stagnant, making terrible decisions under bernie. you only have to look at general public recognition. more people recognize a driver from the 90s than they did in the last decade

Last edited:
I now know why I am really not looking forward to this race, with ****s like James Corden turning up for some self-promotion. Doubtless we will see endless footage of these pointless gimps hanging around in the pit lane and paddock. It will be about as interesting as the interviews with Gordon Ramsey and William in Saudi Arabia. Oh the joy...

I now know why I am really not looking forward to this race, with ****s like James Corden turning up for some self-promotion. Doubtless we will see endless footage of these pointless gimps hanging around in the pit lane and paddock. It will be about as interesting as the interviews with Gordon Ramsey and William in Saudi Arabia. Oh the joy...
James Corden not popular but he is maybe the most successful british tv person that country had in a long while. i cant think of anyone that has cracked America like he has but thats different thread

maybe this is as well. as long term yeah the fake marina was terrible & i didnt like the idea of a opening ceremony was naff. but we couldnt carry on in final years of Bernie. the sport was dying on its arse particularly 2013. living off past glories

James Corden not popular but he is maybe the most successful british tv person that country had in a long while. i cant think of anyone that has cracked America like he has but thats different thread
Oh wonderful.

Once upon a time Britain, the cradle of the industrial revolution, was known as the manufacturer of the world, now we're reduced to rejoycing at the export of James Corden to the US.

I simply tune in for the formation lap and turn off once I've heard the key players interviewed but before they get to Horner. Everything else is just fluff and bollocks.

Back
Top Bottom