Grand Prix 2022 French Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Between 2009 and 2017 there was no French Grand Prix, which was a huge insult to the history of motor racing. Why you may ask? If you look back, France basically gave us this sport.

The first competitive motor race took place between Paris and Rouen in 1894. The first Grand Prix was run in 1906 by the Automobile Club de France and took place in Sarthe, not that far from where the Le Mans 24 hour race now takes place.

France held a Grand Prix in the first season of the World Championship in 1950, with a race a Reims won by Fangio.

The 1951 race has two winners listed, Fangio and Fagioli. Fagioli was obliged to swap cars with Fangio as the Argentine's car had developed a misfire. They shared the points for the win and Fagioli promptly quit Grand Prix racing on the spot having been required to give his car to Fangio.

Porsche took their one and only F1 win in 1962 with Dan Gurney driving round Rouen.

Jean-Pierre Jabouille won the first ever race for a turbocharged F1 car in 1979 at Dijon. A race more often remembered for the wheel banging battle between Gilles Villeneuve and Rene Arnoux at the end of the race.

Alain Prost took his first ever Grand Prix win at the 1981 race in Dijon.

Michael Schumacher has won the race an astonishing 8 times

And finally, statistically the best Grand Prix driver never to take part in a world championship race, Jean-Pierre Wimille, won the French race in 1936 and 1948.

I've impressed myself as I haven't mentioned the nausea inducing painted run off areas at the modern Paul Ricard circuit until the very end. Max won last year. This year we have 53 laps to get through. Let's hope it's better than previous races at this circuit.

Enjoy

1658433184042.png

I'm no fan of Perez, but Red Bull have changed the car to favour Verstappen's driving style. And I have to agree with Greenlantern101, that was shit.
Maybe Jos has sabotaged Perez's car then

I am a bit baffled that Perez could not pass Hamilton given the supposedly superior straightline speed that Red Bull has unless he ran a different wing set up

Perez showing today that he is a slow driver in a fast car
true he has really dropped since when he was in title fight in canada & then had a terrible race. never recovered since. its a low bar but he still the best driver theyve had still Riccardo

apparently the car start of the season was perez driving style & as the season has progressed it has been changed more to verstappen's style. which has dropped him further behind

true he has really dropped since when he was in title fight in canada & then had a terrible race. never recovered since. its a low bar but he still the best driver theyve had still Riccardo

apparently the car start of the season was perez driving style & as the season has progressed it has been changed more to verstappen's style. which has dropped him further behind
I told you that screwed race at Saudi was costly for Perez

Anyway it's all academic if I was Merc I would watch Leclerc contract situation closely...usually Ferrari get rid of a few people but it's too soon

i was going off the delta that flashed up about on pitlane loss. as apparently the commentary said that its that they put the limiter line alot further up the 2nd pitlane that they dont use.
Never believe anything Sky F1 tells you (and especially not David Croft. The pit loss was about 28 seconds - Verstappen dropped 26 seconds between lap 15 and 17, although he had the benefit of new tyres On the second of those laps.

Anyway it's all academic if I was Merc I would watch Leclerc contract situation closely...usually Ferrari get rid of a few people but it's too soon
Mercedes will be desperate for succession planning for a top quality driver for when Lewis Hamilton retires whether thats 2023 2024 or 2025. he wouldnt be the 1st driver to leave after 1 too many frustrations. for Alonso faults which are many. he left ferrari because he was sick of over promising & under delivering

Anyone worked out why the sound was cut in the cool down room before the podium? I know the RB engineer was suggesting that the Ferrari crashed because of a sticky throttle. Were we not allowed to hear some gossip?

Anyone worked out why the sound was cut in the cool down room before the podium? I know the RB engineer was suggesting that the Ferrari crashed because of a sticky throttle. Were we not allowed to hear some gossip?
My house assumed that was the precise reason. A shame as it looked like some good chat between Max and George.

Back
Top Bottom