2022 calendar

sometimes it you laugh F1 all about going green. but then they do a calendar like that. i cant understand why imola is in the middle of Australia & Miami. surely you go Australia Miami Imola Catalunya. but instead we flying are making massive detour. i worked it out & it is equivalent of a London flight to New Delhi its a pointless 6,700km more

sometimes it you laugh F1 all about going green. but then they do a calendar like that. i cant understand why imola is in the middle of Australia & Miami. surely you go Australia Miami Imola Catalunya. but instead we flying are making massive detour. i worked it out & it is equivalent of a London flight to New Delhi its a pointless 6,700km more
Have you sent a memo to Domenicali and Brawn that the logistics are ridiculous 🙄

i would agree on that 23 races is too much. i would almost say that triple header by the 3rd race are actually more of a inconvenience. & they really should be every 2 weeks with a 2 double headers if they are close togther like Belgium & Netherlands. but i guess this downside of F1 popularity so many countries want to host a GP. liberty trying there hardest to accommodate everyone & of course make a bit more money

I agree that 23 races is way too much.

Just to add - I am not an expert in F1 logistics, however, I do know that a key motivator for F1 is money, and therefore they will try and make sure that the calendar logistics are as cheap as possible, which would include limiting use of airfreight as much as possible, and minimising distances. Bear in mind that there will also be constraints to the calendar, be it local restrictions, individual circuit calendars, tying up with key dates etc.

Similar to rock concerts (the larger ones anyway) there are usually multiple set ups involved, which leapfrog around the tour. I know that F1 use airfreight and Shipping - shipping is cheaper but takes longer. e.g. a boat with kit from, say, Australia to Florida may take a week, meaning you could have most of the kit moved between these 2 across a 2 week bridge, with closer races in between. Also, worth thinking that the cars will mostly go back to base in 2 week gaps, and most of the teams are based in Europe.

Once you put all the different parts together, the logistics may actually make sense.

So how is this schedule environmentally friendly
my calendar is based on viewing habits, because there 3rd race in a triple header feels like a chore than a delight in my opinion, every 2 weeks gives you time to enjoy it & look forward to it

im not a expert on logistics, but it was some thing i thought of because of logic & common sense because if you look at a map surely its better to have the latter map than the former
temp 2 (2).png

temp 1.jpg

Is that based on your extensive knowledge of the costs and set up of the operation?

And missing the point about why F1 would spend money transporting goods about that they didn't need to?

Is that based on your extensive knowledge of the costs and set up of the operation?

And missing the point about why F1 would spend money transporting goods about that they didn't need to?
im probably wrong on this & F1 spending money they dont have to. is hardly out of the ordinary. considering the budgets they have

I rather suspect the freasons for not keeping to one continent especially near the end of the season is more to do with the teams needing to have a near to the factory as possible GP to bring in upgrades after a not so good previous long distance GP, especially if the upgrade doesn't work as wel as hoped on Friday

There are a whole host of reasons for the calendar; some political, some historical, some logistical, some financial etc. etc. etc........
You would be nauseous until you got anywhere near to environmental reasons on the list, so it's pointless to even think that one's opinion on it matters.

Back
Top Bottom