Grand Prix 2022 British Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

After a increasingly hectic calendar where we just had a week off after 5 races in the last 7 weeks which has seen Verstappen dominate winning 4 of those 5 & feel like he has taken quite a firm grip on this championship. we come home to where it all began in 1950 & Silverstone. 1 of the highlights of the calendar & talking about hectic. i hope people enjoyed their week off as we are about to embark on 4 races in the next 5 weeks. before the summer break

temp 2.jpg

i doubt we will have the drama of 2021 we dont have the sprint race here this weekend after it being the inaugural event 12 months ago instead that will be next week in Austria. but it was 1 of huge flashpoints of the season with that 51g crash at copse where the young pretender & reigning champion had threaten to do multiple times but 1 had always backed down until that night where Verstappen aggressive nature & Hamilton desperation to please the home crowd fuelled by the disappointment of sprint race 24 hrs before boiled over. that incredible drive post penalty to hunt down leclerc who can consider himself very unlucky not to win that day where he closed down 18 sec defiect in 18 laps. very nearly didnt happen because in Mercedes own words if Verstappen car had been recovered under safety car & not a red flag. Hamilton himself would've been retired.

but from the present day to the past of Silverstone. it might not be known how the history of Silverstone goes alot further back than might be thought. after my trip to the brilliant Silverstone museum few months ago.

200 metres north east of what is now Stowe Corner, was in medieval times a former Monastry & church that was luffield abbey that was beside a wooded forest

20220413_235952.jpg

the precursor to the british GP trophy from 1937. the BRDC british empire trophy race

temp 2.jpg

also we have the timeline, that shows that silverstone was still used as active farm right up to the 1990's, which really puts a new perspective on that iconic Mansell & Piquet battle in 1987.
20220414_121948.jpg

also a history of grand prix layouts & how it has changed over the years
20220414_121455.jpg

starting on inters in FP1 but good job it was lighter than rain we had in sheffield yesterday evening. that was huge Malaysia 2001 & 2009 vibes.
images.jpeg-2.jpg

red bull looking very good here & Mercedes have made some improvement or have at least returned to spain form. so its 3 team attack for pole & win. which is punishing the ferrari further who should have won in monaco & spain

sainz said he finally unlocked something in baku & you can see it on track drove great in Canada & has now got his 1st pole.

but williams whole day was weird dont know new package on albons car was struggling on cooling because me & albon are are seemingly both quite confused at the doing cool down laps. when everyone else was pounding around trying to keep heat in the tyres. & then latifi without the upgrades makes Q3 for the 1st time & then doesnt set a representative time

i wouldnt take booing to personally. after all we are home of pantomime & thats all that warriors

Hamberg as if the Dutch fans will not do the same to Hamilton in Zaandvoort or Italian fans to Verstappen at Monza

I don't think Verstappen being associated with Nelson Piquet helps either especially if what that b@stard said about Hamilton just to fan the flames further

It's the first time that we've had a red flag, without a safety car, for many many years...

Back in the day, a red flag on the first lap would lead to a complete reset of the race.... It's looking like the order of the cars is going to be left as it was after 20 seconds of the race - which seems a bit odd...

... The ridiculous case with George Russell not being allowed to restart as well, whilst Ocon and Tsunoda drove dangerous cars around a lap of the track being allowed major repairs to be done, and to restart... (Possibly without penalty)

It's the first time that we've had a red flag, without a safety car, for many many years...

Back in the day, a red flag on the first lap would lead to a complete reset of the race.... It's looking like the order of the cars is going to be left as it was after 20 seconds of the race - which seems a bit odd...
It looks like the cars are going to restart in qualifying order, with effectively us having a new race. This should mean that Russell will be allowed to restart from 8th position - or alterntively from the pitlane.

Thank Christ for that, it's OK everyone, Tom Cruise was uninjured in that lap one incident.

Phew. I was worried there for a second.

Back
Top Bottom