2021 Silly Season

Red Bull want the constructors championship so Perez needs to beating Bottas for a start

The interesting thing is what if he beats Verstappen.. I am waiting to see Max throw his toys out of the pram then Red Bull have a big problem because Helmut always favoured the junior drivers but wait... that means pushing Tsunoda to be next which I did not expect.. Max will be getting his Dad to ring Toto about the Merc seat for 2022.

Sergio Perez struggled to beat Lance Stroll so I don't expect him to even come close to Verstappen.
I beg to differ considering he missed one more race the gap of 50pts could have been bigger. He may not be as fast as Verstappen but Perez has proven to be a strong racer on Sunday

Verstappen vs Perez will be a slight improvement on Verstappen v Albon. Sergio Perez will finish in 4th in most races, he’s only in there as Albon couldn’t finish 4th constantly.

i suspect that he will. but dont underestimate the power of the contra strategy that could get him higher than normal. if he can stay within range. doing a 1 stopper & being able to go long. fending off 2 cars will be something Mercedes hasn't had for a while

Sergio Perez struggled to beat Lance Stroll so I don't expect him to even come close to Verstappen.
the guy that was b race world champion despite covid & 2 engine blow ups in the last 3 races. nobody is expecting him to beat verstappen over the season. they just want to fill the Riccardo gap

I think Perez in a competive car will do a second or third, and if Max cocks it up few firsts Merc following Max, or as we have seen before with Max and team mates that threaten a few non finishers.

These are the entry fees for the 2021 season.
  • Mercedes, 573 points, $4,482,898
  • Red Bull, 319 points, $2,748,078
  • McLaren, 202 points, $1,948,968
  • Racing Point, 195 points, $1,901,158
  • Renault, 181 points, $1,805,538
  • Ferrari, 131 points, $1,464,038
  • AlphaTauri, 107 points, $1,300,118
  • Alfa Romeo, 8 points, $623,948
  • Haas, 3 points, $589,798
  • Williams, 0 points, $569,308

I'm willing to bet Perez will beat Verstappen in the championship.

Verstappen will be so desperate to try to prove that he is better that he will continually make mistakes.

I am staggered that anyone could remotely consider Perez as a rival to Verstappen. Is just-about beating Lance Stroll that much of an achievement?

Max will beat him by 80 points next season, no trouble, and I'll put my money where my mouth is.

I am staggered that anyone could remotely consider Perez as a rival to Verstappen. Is just-about beating Lance Stroll that much of an achievement?

Max will beat him by 80 points next season, no trouble, and I'll put my money where my mouth is.
but i think they havent hired him to beat max. they hire him to like riccardio get 2 drivers back in the A Race instead of 1 in A Race & 1 the B Race. highly unlikely to beat max. considering he got more wins than bottas in a much inferior car in last 4 years

but in racing point but for unreliablity he wouldve only been 70pts behind verstappen this season & wouldve had double stroll's total

Red Bull are as competent at killing careers as they are pit stops
Post that on their twitter page . I have to agree and for some reason they wont rehire Gasly despite his brilliant performances like they have slammed the door in his faceband wont admit their error

Last edited:

At the same time they want more race pace consistency from the 2nd driver so the points gap to Verstappen needs to be a lot closer

Perez will surprise a few people

I just wonder hiw Red Bull and Verstappen react if Perez is a lot closer to Verstappen than they would like? Surely they have not issued a "You cant pass me " stipulation in Perez's contract

in 4 & half hours time. is the 4 time reigning champion & widely held thought of best driver on the grid a free agent / unemployed

because its got to be a long time since reigning world champion was unemployed

in 4 & half hours time. is the 4 time reigning champion & widely held thought of best driver on the grid a free agent / unemployed

because its got to be a long time since reigning world champion was unemployed
I doubt his badge has expired! what about his health plan?

Back
Top Bottom