2021 Silly Season

but what i was saying is that any point between 2006 - 2011 i dont remember anyone rating Rosberg as a future world champion. alot like perez he was very good driver in a bunch of midfield teams. cant forget that until he won in his 7th season he'd only been on his podium 5 times 3 of them weren't on merit they taking advantage of others misfortune

also perez i think has admitted that on the beyond the grid & that since he returned to force India he has matured. because his F1 career was very close to the end in 2013 & realised how fortunate he was

I will say Rosberg was very much in demand for 2010 having been offered contracts from BMW, Toyota and Brawn( which later was Mercedes). The common denominator for all 3 teams is they are German based and wanted a German driver on the team. Mclaren rated him and wanted him to replace Alonso but Keke said no even if they were willing to pay $20m contract clause fearing it would damage his career up against Hamilton again

more i read & hear about the move, the more im realising that this move is actually very little to do with speed & form & more about stature. being a 4 world champion & experience that brings in the same way Schumacher - Mercedes, Kimi - Lotus, Mansell - Williams or Hill - Jordan. which i sort of get. but i dont understand why teams don't just be honest with the press we know he's struggled but we signing because of what he is & not how fast he might be

I will say Rosberg was very much in demand for 2010 having been offered contracts from BMW, Toyota and Brawn
It must have been such a tragedy for Toyota and BMW to not get Nico that they both decided to pull out for 2010.

According to the man himself, he only spoke to Brawn, McLaren and Williams:

Finally, Toyota had both Glock and Trulli under contract for 2010 before they suddenly pulled out in the November of 2009 therefore they already had their German driver in the team.

I think you may have been mistaken.

It has to do with PR spin the same way I feel Mick Schumacher 's appointment will be for Alfa in the future

Racing Point have come out and said Vettel and Stroll will be given equal treatment :facepalm::givemestrength:well Vettel is earning probably over $30m a year or close to reflect his status and always wants No1 status and every time it has been equal treatment he gets thrashed and always leaves in a huff

Stroll - should be improving his consistency and next season should be more competitive and off course has his Dad in his corner. He is not expected to beat Vettel so there is less pressure on him

It must have been such a tragedy for Toyota and BMW to not get Nico that they both decided to pull out for 2010.

According to the man himself, he only spoke to Brawn, McLaren and Williams:

Finally, Toyota had both Glock and Trulli under contract for 2010 before they suddenly pulled out in the November of 2009 therefore they already had their German driver in the team.

I think you may have been mistaken.

He was offered a BMW contract before they pulled out before this.

I just read Glock had to deny he was going to McLaren to partner Hamilton before Toyota did pull out

RasputinLives Stroll can't lose in the position he will be in

A) If he is :censored: then he is only in the team because of his Dad and just a spoilt rich kid so no surprise if Vettel beats him
B) If he beats Vettel maybe Vettel is past it and overrated who only succeeds if the team is right behind him but not when the teammate is given equal treatment

Perez vs Maldonado

Monaco quali
Not sure why but Maldonado thought Perez blocked him and he decided to give him a nudge before entering the tunnel

Silverstone race day
They were 8th and 9th one of them was doing an overtake and the other one chopped him sending them both into a spin

The Beeb commentors said this weekend that Stroll seems to have an attitude. He behaves like a teenagaer who has been forced to take up a sport that he doesn't want to be in but his father insists that he must do it.

On the other hand he may just be getting fed up with with people saying that he is only there because of his father's money.

The Beeb commentors said this weekend that Stroll seems to have an attitude. He behaves like a teenagaer who has been forced to take up a sport that he doesn't want to be in but his father insists that he must do it.

On the other hand he may just be getting fed up with with people saying that he is only there because of his father's money.
I will say if he had done F2 and did reasonably well then went into F1 then he might have more credibility to earn his drive

Think about when Williams appointed him were they worried Lawrence Stroll would take his money elsewhere if his son was not selected. Well they did eventually and look at what happened to Williams

I said Lance cannot lose with Vettel as his teammate but if he beats Vettel his stock will rise

I think we need to bring back the days of poor or mediocre drivers either creating their own teams or getting a family member to buy them one. Oh, wait...

So Schumacher will be back in F1 if he finishes in top 3 in F2 . Those drivers in Alfa and Haas will be having sleepless nights except Kimi about their seats

If he does get in then expect Ferrari to get him in their car by 2023 if he makes the right noises.

Only 6 rounds left but be interesting to see if Illott and Shwartzmann finish ahead of him then what?

as we've said its more name over substance but my thing is what if he finishes 3rd & was the 3rd fastest ferrari academy driver what do they say to illott or shwartzmann . i know you won F2 but im giving your seat to a person that finished behind you. i still think 2 of that top 3 will be in. 1 at alfa for giovinatzzi & the other for grosjean at haas

I think Haas would take Perez over one of these academy drivers. At least they will if they are serious. FWIW Perez was a Ferrari Academy driver too.

Last edited:
Yeah but be jumped ship on that one to take the McLaren drive. Interestingly I think he would probably have got the Ferrari second seat at some point. Probably would have been number 2 to Alonso though which historically means you get thrown to the wolves.

Is this the traditional first ever annual guess the 2021 line up?
Merc Ham, Bot
Red B Verstappen, Albon
Ferrari Lec, Sainz
Mc Ricc, Norris
Aston 2021 F1 World Drivers' Champion Lance Stroll, Vettel
Tauri Gasly, Schwartzman
Williams Russell, Ticktum
Haas Perez, Markelov
Alfa Kimi, Schumacher
Renault Alonso, Ocon

Last edited:
Back