2021 Silly Season

cider_and_toast I think Formula E might be likely with one of the big German manufacturers. I went Porsche but could easily be Audi or Merc too. Audi could really do with a shot in the arm so would like to see that.

At this rate we're going to have drivers who change to another team without ever having raced for the team they were previously signed to.

Regarding Vettel, my hunch is he'll want to stay in F1.

What on earth is going on in Danny Rics head. Why McLaren. He might as well hang his hat up now.
🛺

Bottas has now announced that he is leaving Mercedes...

temp 4.jpg

“What’s been happening in these past few months has led many of us to reflect on what are our real priorities in life. One needs to use one’s imagination & to adopt a new approach to a situation that has changed. I myself will take the time I need to reflect on what really matters when it comes to my future.

I feel this means that he has enjoyed spending so much time at home with his young family. instead of flying all round the world & spending really only 3 weeks in august & 2nd week of dec to mid january

his very good friend mark webber seems to think he is to stay, & but like Alonso in McLaren move & 2019. I just don't where he would go unless Bottas leaves Mercedes

also i watching the sky F1 vodcast. very good watch, maybe Riccardio saw the state of world & potential financial crisis. how his career can be sent into chaos in 1 swoop of a pen because what renault management say we cant afford this whereas McLaren (like Force India, Williams Maybe Ferrari) are there purely to race

The article is certainly upbeat cider_and_toast it would be fantastic if McLaren were to become a force to be reckoned with. It will be interesting to see what lockdown has produced, when racing starts up again.

I hope so too but let's remember then man who owns McLaren also owns a big percentage of the online Motorsport media.

McLaren are mortgaging the MTC and a load of their old F1 cars to make ends meet. Doesn't look that great that they will be back at the front any time soon, unless they can get a big paying title sponsor.

Hmm McLaren are backed by Bahrani's but want to mortgage the cars including the might MP4/4 McLaren Honda of Senna !

As for the drivers market
Ricciardo to McLaren - there is a few sour grapes at Renault but you've got to understand from Daniel's position as he is almost the forgotten man of F1 and trounced Vettel back in 2014 and should have won more races now but let down badly by Red Bull and Renault

Vettel/ Alonso to Renault - as attractive as it sounds I don't think Renault want the baggage that either driver brings with them and the hefty salary. They have been trying to get Ocon in the car for 2 years now so why hold him back by getting Vettel / Alonso as No 1

I don't think Vettel will do Formula E because the competition is closer and getting beat would harm his reputation so maybe a flutter with Sportscar is something else he would like to do

I don't see the Mercedes option on given Toto has a queue of young drivers ready to step up

Someone suggested Vettel should go and sign for Aston Martin but that is a massive gamble at his stage of his career

The issue that Renault have is they have themselves and no benchmark to compare against other teams using their engines so we don't know if its the chassis or the engine . We've McLaren and Honda suffered from that problem as soon as Honda supplied to both Red Bull teams they made better progress

They ought to be making more progress but havent

Back
Top Bottom