2020 Silly Season

Angel i didn't think about that & you make a good point. that you'd expect a driver that is in his 5th season & 90th race to be further ahead of his rookie teammate in only his 9th race

F1Brits_90 - you have heard it before but it's great for me to pull out my catchphrase

MATSUSHITA DOES NOT HAVE A SUPERLICENCE!

He might do by the end of the season though if he finishes high enough. Which is why Honda brought him back to Europe.

Angel i didn't think about that & you make a good point. that you'd expect a driver that is in his 5th season & 90th race to be further ahead of his rookie teammate in only his 9th race

Exactly. I assumed Sainz wasn't doing so well, but he's scored more points than Norris, I just hadn't realised it because I've heard so little about him this season and so much about Norris. Sainz is not blowing Norris away like you'd expect in his position which isn't good for him and his career, he's likely to become another also ran and be over looked when teams are deciding who they want in their car.

RasputinLives Ocon can still be at Renault for 2020 which sounds like it at the moment unless Renault stick two fingers to Toto. Things will get a bit complicated for Red Bull were Sainz re-signed. Having said that Gasly is not performing well enough as Red Bull are not gaining much on Ferrari in 2nd place in the constructors

Ocon - being associated with Merc surely would not get to be placed at Red Bull against his nemesis Verstappen given the past history they have

Sainz is doing well at Mclaren although the speed of Norris is mighty impressive. Sainz actually could be challenging Gasly were not for bad luck in previous races where he has been taken out

Wolff runs his mouth though and gets peoples backs up. He was all over the press last year saying he was 'negotiating' Sainz going to McLaren early so Ocon could go from Force India to Renault mid-season. As he is nothing to do with either the driver or the teams in that deal what the hell has it got to do with him? If I'm a team boss i'm not getting involved with someone connected to a man who thinks he is the boss of everyone.

RasputinLives That is easy to say and hard to follow up remember Flav filled the grid with his drivers or loaned them out to the teams at the back especially if there is money involved and sponsorship pressure. Only Frank Williams and maybe Ron Dennis at times had the balls to stand up and say no in a hard nose way.

Is there pressure coming from Renault to demand a French driver to either Team Enstone ( probable) and Mclaren ( probably not as much) so one assumes Ocon is the man in demand

Last edited:
christian horner scouting a South African & Argentinean today.

IMG_20190705_232412.jpg

Probably the dress code, I think they're pretty strict. Nico Rosberg got caught out a couple of years ago, I'm not sure if it was a tie, or socks, or perhaps both that he didn't have and was told he wasn't allowed in. They supplied some to him I believe so he got in eventually.

Di Grassi got DQ'd in Formula E for wearing the wrong pants.

What? How could his pants do that? You're kidding, right? Surely what you wear under your overalls is entirely your own buisness. Or am I reading this wrong, I am assuming the British use of the word pants and not the American one.

The British wear different pants than us?
Yes, what you would call pants we would usually call trousers, what we call pants, you would usually call underwear. We do also say underwear sometimes but it gets more complicated if you start getting into that and waaaaay off topic too.

Back
Top Bottom