Poll 2020 CTA Driver of the Year

I have not put Bottas on there which looks harsh but I am trying to think apart from race 1 and the poles except Sackhir. I am trying to think of anything memorable this season that would be positive about him apart from telling everyone to "FU"

Last edited:
Ahhh, the age old question.

I refer the honourable gentlemen to George Russell.
I think Sergio has been around long enough for us to be able to make an assessment - capable midfield plodder who's easy on his tyres, at about the level of Hulkenberg and slightly better than Ocon. Based on that alone I couldn't put him anywhere near Ricciardo or Leclerc. Russell hadn't had an F1 standard team mate until Sakhir.

Oh I couldn't agree more.
I don't understand all the (current) raving about Perez.

Here's a fairly interesting site for stats nerds (mentioning no names ...).

i always say in chaos races, perez is always there & he seems to be good under pressure you look at how Albon & Bottas struggled though traffic. at times this season. but perez in portimao & sakhir has fallen to back of field still managed to get through the field & make a decent position

by the way i thought i would keep this open until the end of the year. to give time if anyone else if they havent vote & would like to, to vote

currently theres no shock at who provisionally winnings, but there is some surprise at bottom end, currently 8 drivers who haven't got a individual vote with a few big names there

1. Lewis Hamilton
2. Charles Leclerc
3. Max Verstappen
4. Daniel Ricciardo
5. Pierre Gasly
6. Sergio Perez
7. Lando Norris
8. Valtteri Bottas
9. Carlos Saint jnr
10. George Russell

The drivers who took part in the vote (in alphabetical order) were: Alexander Albon, Pierre Gasly, Antonio Giovinazzi, Romain Grosjean, Daniil Kvyat, Nicholas Latifi, Kevin Magnussen, Lando Norris, Esteban Ocon, Sergio Perez, Daniel Ricciardo, George Russell, Carlos Sainz, Lance Stroll, Max Verstappen.

1Lewis Hamilton
2Max Verstappen
3Daniel Ricciardo
4Charles Leclerc
5Pierre Gasly
6George Russell
7Sergio Perez
8Romain Grosjean
9Carlos Sainz
10Alex Albon

i thought that was very weird because from the outside, i thought grosjean was past it in 2018. but the drivers know more than us

& i know it come to him alot, but the best seat in F1 will always come with more scruinity like being in the best team of any sport. what does it say about Bottas not in the drivers top 10 & joint 9th in teams top 10

right at the end of 2020, a year that will be remembered for a long time & for the many stories on & off track. here are the results for trophy they all want to win, 2020 Clip The Apex Driver of the Year. we did have 5 different drivers who were voted in individual top 3 & alot like 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020 on track. you wont be too shocked at the the deserving winner. but at other end slightly embarrassed for the 7 full time drivers at the bottom beaten by a stand in driver who raced 3 races

2020 - (2019) - Driver - Voted - Wins - Points

1 -(1)- Hamilton - 11 - 9 - 236 :1st:
2 - (2) - Verstappen - 10 - 2 - 167 :2nd:
3 - (8) - Perez - 11 - 0 - 134 :3rd:

4 - (3) - Leclerc - 11 - 0 - 127
5 - (9) - Riccardio - 11 - 0 - 118
6 - (*) - Gasly - 11 - 0 - 90
7 - (4) - Sainz - 11 - 0 - 81
8- (11) - Russell - 10 - 0 - 75
9 - (7) - Norris - 10 - 0 - 73
10 - (5) - Bottas - 6 - 0 - 49
11 - (10) - Vettel - 3 - 0 - 44
=12 - (6/*) - Albon/Stroll - 4 - 0 - 38
14 - (*) - Hulkenberg - 3 - 0 - 37
----------------------------------------------------
15th/Last place/Wooden Spoon on 36pts with no individual nominations just 2 group nominations
Kimi, Giovinazzi, Magnussen, Grosjean, Latifi, Kyvat & Ocon

Last edited:
Here is Lewis Accepting his award for the 4th Consecutive year from Arsene Wenger. in his acceptance speech he said "im very Proud to win this award again. i have a great team behind me, support me immensely & <insert forum name> always has the best fans & i always have a sneaky look once in a while & i hope i am able to make it 5 in a row in 2021. thank you :goodday: "

24849878-8013419-image-a-36_1581965342049.jpg

Last edited:
Autocourse was late this year as the season sent on until December. Their Top 10 was:

1. Lewis Hamilton
2. Max Verstappen
3. Charles le Clerc
4. Daniel Ricciardo
5. Sergio Perez
6. Carlos Sainz
7. Pierre Gasly
8. George Russell
9. Lando Norris
10. Valterri Bottas

Not much to argue with there really.

yeah this probally the worst thing for a forum as we always joke :D

i cant see any problems with this, & of course you can argue that someone should be 1 place higher or lower but thats really splitting hairs

Back
Top Bottom