Poll 2019 German Grand Prix out of 10

How did you rate the German Grand Prix?

• 0 - Didn't watch it as I was washing my hair

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 - So dull I went outside and swept puddles in the rain

• 2 - Not the dullest race in F1 history but definitely no deeper than a small muddy puddle

• 3 - Made a few ripples but didn't disturb my leaf of life

• 4 - Splashed about a bit but ultimately left me with slightly damp socks

• 5 - Walked into the stream up to the tops of my boots. Fun but nothing to shout about

• 6 - Ventured into the deep end, definitely worth buying a new set of trunks

• Total voters

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff Member
Valued Member
OK ladies and gentlespoons. It would seem the F1 God's have smiled upon their children and we've had 3 good races in a row.

Whether or not this is the case however is up to you lot as we once again throw upon the opinion polls here at CTA towers and ask the question:

Out of 10, how did you rate the German GP?

I've gone for a 9.

I never knew who was going to win this one from one lap to the next. Some great moves and some absolute howling cock ups.

Great fun.

One of the best races I’ve ever seen, if not the best. Verstappen and Vettel just happen to be my favourite drivers - pure class. 9.

I gave it a 10, a shining example of the kind of race we'd all love to see a lot more often. So much going on and you had no idea who was going to win or end up on the podium. Some awesome drives and some who looked distinctly out of their depth. It showed the men from the boys and we finally saw Mercedes have a lousy race, about time ;)

Oh I’m a bit of a miser, I only gave it a 7. I enjoyed the last two thirds, they were classic, the first third was a bit dull, so for that its a 7.
I’d be a really critical guest on “Come Dine With Me “

I gave it 7. Because it was only the race it was because of the rain. To give it more would mean that Bernie's "turn the sprinklers on" plan was what we wanted.

9 for me, just because like in Bahrain, my favourite drivers both made my heart break (but unlike in Bahrain, this time it was their own doing...)

I gave it 7. Because it was only the race it was because of the rain. To give it more would mean that Bernie's "turn the sprinklers on" plan was what we wanted.

I loathe that statement as much as you do, but I disagree with the interpretation - for me the problem with the sprinkler idea is that it's artificial excitement. Rain has been naturally bringing excitement to races since... probably ever, I believe? Sprinklers would be a feature of "press a button to make things happen", and we have one too many of those already.

Great race with lots of action and drama. While it's a pity that the rain made it so exciting, that's just the reality of it and we can only hope for more of the same again.

Back
Top Bottom