Grand Prix 2019 Chinese Grand Prix (1000th GP) Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

rufus_mcdufus

Champion Elect
I seem to recall Ferrari had an opportunity to pit Leclerc a few laps before the end of the China race and go for a fastest lap. Not sure what the tyre situation was though.

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
Apparently it's opinion:

- Our five-man panel assess each driver after every Grand Prix and score them out of 10 according to their performance across the weekend – taking machinery out of the equation

- Our experts’ scores are then combined to produce a race score. As the season progresses, these race scores are then averaged to produce a ranking which reflects driver performance
So no more relevant that you or I giving a score Ruslan

olegg

Race Winner
Interesting. So, how is this calculated/determined?
F1 POWER RANKINGS:
So, with three races down, who’s impressed our judges the most this year? The results are in…
HOW IT WORKS

- Our five-judge panel assess each driver after every Grand Prix and score them out of 10 according to their performance across the weekend – taking machinery out of the equation
- Our experts’ scores are then combined to produce a race score. As the season progresses, these race scores are then averaged to produce a ranking which reflects driver performance

Ruslan

Podium Finisher
F1 POWER RANKINGS:
So, with three races down, who’s impressed our judges the most this year? The results are in…
HOW IT WORKS

- Our five-judge panel assess each driver after every Grand Prix and score them out of 10 according to their performance across the weekend – taking machinery out of the equation
Thanks. Who is doing this and who are the five judges?

Ruslan

Podium Finisher
Apparently it's opinion:

- Our five-man panel assess each driver after every Grand Prix and score them out of 10 according to their performance across the weekend – taking machinery out of the equation

So no more relevant that you or I giving a score Ruslan
Maybe we should form a panel of five. ;)

Reactions: FB

Ruslan

Podium Finisher
The CTA power rankings? Like it. I bet the table would look a lot different
Well, we could do it democratically....with all the members voting the driver ratings after each race (kind of like you already do for each race)....or we could vote in a panel of 5 or 7 to do our own rankings after each race. The problem is that it is an effort that requires a little industriousness, as 20 drivers have to be rated, and probably requires a little objectivity from the participants to be worthwhile.

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
Thanks. Who is doing this and who are the five judges?
My understanding is that the panel is made up of Jos Verstappen, Anthony Hamilton, Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn of Thailand, Emilia Pikkarainen and Prince Albert II of Monaco. All of whom are unbiased and objective in their opinions.

Top Bottom