Poll 2018 Russian Grand Prix Out Of Ten

How did you rate the 2018 Russian Grand Prix out of Ten?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Greenlantern101

Super Hero And All Round Good Guy
Contributor
Rather dull race but we did get an overtake from Lewis on Seb which I enjoyed. The real story though was Bottas loosing his win over unjust team orders. I can only hope he gets a swap back later in the season. For some reason I enjoyed it more than maybe I should of. Maybe it was Lewis pulling 10 points over Seb.

A 5 from me..

Last edited:
A race that taints the sport IMO. Whatever the justification the team feels it has, it’s a cheat. I would have thought so much more of them all had that win been raced for.

There were some beautiful overtaking.
Was a strong breakthrough from Verstappen.
But if Hamilton returned the position to Bottas it could be decorated the race.

The championship is over either way and the difference between celebrating a Hammy win or a Bottas win is irrelevant, at least for me. Team orders is way down in the list of things to fix in F1. The race had a couple of moments in the first half, then nothing happened of note. Not a good F1 weekend. 3 points.

The championship is over either way and the difference between celebrating a Hammy win or a Bottas win is irrelevant, at least for me. Team orders is way down in the list of things to fix in F1. The race had a couple of moments in the first half, then nothing happened of note. Not a good F1 weekend. 3 points.
Team orders can’t be fixed. A driver can always misjudge his braking point or lose time during a pit stop. ;)

I had hoped that after he changed tyres Mad Max would come out and give an example of high speed driving but even that failed to happen. I don't think that I'll even bother to vote.

2: Completely predictable. I even guessed the positions of the nine of the top 10 finishers in one of my posts (and only because I forgot about Leclerc).

Irrelevant but nicely done drive up the field by Verstappen (Ricciardo eventually did the same thing with a damaged car...such is the difference in performance between the big three and the rest of the pack). Nice pass by Hamilton. Otherwise.....really nothing to watch.

I had hoped that after he changed tyres Mad Max would come out and give an example of high speed driving but even that failed to happen. I don't think that I'll even bother to vote.

Yes, for about the thousandth time this season the softs proved better than the ultrasofts. I was really looking forward to seeing what he could do on the hypersofts.

Like cider_and_toast I didn't watch it either, I recorded the highlights then deleted them because I already knew what had happened and didn't need the aggro/annoyance of seeing it.

Got the time wrong and when I tuned in they were on lap 38, so quickly started watching the recording from the beginning. Wish I'd took the golden opportunity to use the fast forward button but didn't.

Back
Top Bottom