2016 Rio Olympics

knew fabian cancellara. had 1 last hurrah in him before he retired, Because legends in most sports always are able to lift it. 1 last time. but I thought it would be in Tour De France. But im sure he's delighted its in Olympics well done to froome but after bronze in London im sure he's abit disappointed its not a silver at least

Enjoyed these pictures from grand prix dairy on Twitter with Rohan Dennis taking part

IMG_20160810_173232.jpg
IMG_20160810_173237.jpg

Last edited:
Well it's been a rather splendid day for Team GB culminating in two more gold medals.

The BBC coverage is still absolute shite. They keep referring people to online and the BBC app (where the C stands for crashes) but they aren't talking about the fact they are broadcasting 8 HD channels on TV (red button). The main broadcast on BBC1 has been spending far too much time on voxpops, bits of this, bits of that and pundit chat. I don't think I've seen one live medal ceremony. It's garbage.

Justin Rose just notched the first Ace in Olympic history. He's off to a nice start at 3 under.

Australia's Marcus Fraser just carded an 8 under 63 to lead.

American's Bubba Watson and Rickie Fowler are laying big fat eggs.

Fiji were simply outstanding. To be honest Team GB exceeded expectations just getting to the final but on the night they were given a masterclass in 7's rugby.

The rugby was shit, they looked like amatures against Fiji.

The cycling however was fantastic, thats the loudest I have shouted at the tv for a whilst. Just a brilliant race. :1st:

But such is the shameful state of drugs testing in the sport when you see a world record smashed by such a massive margin you can't help but raise both eyebrows.

It's sad that we end up feeling like that.

We've just had that discussion in the office. We have decided Jamaica, Kenya and Ethiopia all have suspiciously good runners.

You really have to admire the athletes in the multi discipline events such as the heptathlon. Katarina Johnson-Thompson has just gone in the high jump and if she had done that at the last Olympics as an individual event she would have finished 5th overall. To be world class in one event must be hard enough but to have to be world class in several takes some doing.

She was brilliant, new British record. Jess is still looking very good though. Considering she's only 5ft5 to finish where she did is great.

Last edited:
I did. You have to think if Usain bolt was tested positive it would be the end of athletics. It's reached such a level that anyone who is significantly ahead of the field comes under automatic suspicion. It's rather sad that trust in the brilliance of exceptional individuals has come under suspicion. But cheating is so prevalent as proven by Russians ban that the public has lost all trust In the brilliance of exceptional people. It's only when drug cheats never make it to high level competition that confidence will be restored. We are a long way from that

image.jpeg
I went to the Olympic museum in Lausanne a few weeks back (you must go if you happen to be over in the Geneva region) and at the entrance outside the door is a high jump bar set at record height, I couldn't touch it on tip-toes and I'm 5'11". Bonkers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom