Poll 2016 Chinese Grand Prix - Out of Ten

China 2016

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
And so Rosberg wins again. Hamilton went forward, then back, then forward, then back, then forward, then slightly back. Vettel did a TMC at Turn One, but got to the podium room to shout at Daniil Kvyat about it. Ricciardo finished 4th again.

There was lots of overtaking because of all of those pit-stops during the Safety Car period and that two Ferraris, a Mercedes and a Red Bull were at the back of that queue. There were a full field of finishers, as is seemingly more likely at China.

So what did you think?

First 15 laps were great (though I could fast forward through the safety car period luckily). It was then fairly intriguing and then got rather dull towards the end. 7 from me.

Action all the way through just a shame Rosberg disappeared, but I think we are stuck with that so will just have to accept it.

An 8+ oh what the heck a 9.

A 6 for me. Lots of stuff happening but I didn't really get into it. A lot of the overtaking was just faster cars getting back into position. We needed about 5 more laps for some proper battles to develop. Martin Brundle was correct when he said if you can get in front of a Mercedes they have a hard time coming back. Having said that, the Mercedes chief strategist can expect an early bedtime with no supper tonight.

A six just because Rosberg had a 30 second lead on anyone else at the end. That's just a bit depressing.

I gave it an 8. How did Vettel get so far up after all that damage? Imagine if if Vettel and Hamilton got through the first lap clean, I think it would have been a different race.

I think I always feel less engaged in a race when I'm notwatching it live even though I recorded it and watched it 'as live'. It would be interesting to correlate the score with the method of viewing to see if there was an effect depending on the method of viewing.

It held my attention and there were some good non DRS overtakes which is always nice.

But it was just weird. 7.

p.s. Love Kvyat!

I think I always feel less engaged in a race when I'm notwatching it live even though I recorded it and watched it 'as live'. It would be interesting to correlate the score with the method of viewing to see if there was an effect depending on the method of viewing.
I have noticed that at least I tend to rate races lower when I have to watch the highlights package rather than the full live event. Based on the polls here most users seemed to rate Bahrain worse than Australia and China, but Bahrain has been the only event I've seen live this year and I gave it a 9, the second highest rating of anyone on these boards (there was a lone 10 score too), but I only gave a 7 to Australia/China. That is despite me being a Vettel supporter and him not even taking the start in Bahrain.

Last edited:
I was quite gripped for a while, but ultimately it fell rather flat. I didn't bother watching any of the guff before & after the race itself either- I reach for the remote every time I see Johnny Herbert about to offer up another specious opinion. It gets a 6 from me.

Had the possibility to be a thriller but it never materialized. Race start time had an impact on me too. Couldn't wait for it to end.

Lowly 6

It was entertaining but seemed more like amateur hour at the beginning than the class of motor sport. I know we're only 3 races in but it seems like Rosberg is clearly the class of the field and Hamilton doesn't seem anywhere near motivated to challenge him.

I'm really hoping Ferrari's upgrades at Russia can provide some closer racing at the top and I hope Sergio Marchionne isn't in the paddock again this year, he has to be the ultimate bad luck charm.

Only saw some short highlights, seemed that most enjoyed the wacky races early stuff which doesn't really do anything for me - bit like watching FarceBook or You Tub videos of 'cats do ****ing stupidest things' even though we all know it's dogs wot's stoopid!

Haven't seen the Kvyat / Vettel 'afters' but the same lack of interest applies. :bored: :sleeping: :tumbleweed:

Back
Top Bottom