Grand Prix 2015 Russian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

дравствуйте товарищи!

No longer the new kid on the block, the Russian GP is now an established race at the end of a championship that seems to go on and on. This year the highlight of the race is Aussi artist Natalie Imbruglia which along with Diskoteca Avariya and DJ Legran will try to bring some joy to the Motorsport aficionados. If 2014 was anything to go by, there is little to hope for the race that takes place is warm-for-russia Sochi. It really is a reflection of what’s been going on lately with the sport. We seem to have seamlessly gone from a Red Bull/Vettel domination in early 2000s to the rule of Mercedes/Hamilton, with the difference that Hamilton has really little opposition and it’s not a matter of if but when will he clinch the championship.

14 races into the championship and we are more or less at the same place we were a year ago with Lewis Hamilton in front and Nico Rosberg a little further back. This year Ferrari is playing catch up with Vettel breathing on Mercedes neck, the same way Riccardo did last year. It may be not everybody’s opinion but so far the season has been little more than boredom all the way, unless you are a Hamilton hard core fan that is.

Pirelli will bring the super-softs in an attempt to spice things up but probably that’s only going to make Mercedes life easier and you’ll know after the first lap what the final classification is going to be. FIA bosses have tried to change the sport to improve the TV audiences and interest in F1 in general, with little success. And while the real fans keep coming back for more, we all know it’s going to be little bit more than a Mercedes parade.

Drama seems to be unfolding actually outside the track; will Red Bull retire from the sport? Is Renault coming back with the works team? Are both Button and Alonso so disappointed by their “GP2” power units that they are ready to hang their helmets and head to greener pastures? Is Kvyat finally going to get his maiden win? Who’s Haas fielding for next year?

If you ask me, F1 can borrow a page or two from Indy Carts (sans the accidents); after all the race finale couldn't have been any more thrilling with 4 drivers still with option to win. If you take the incredible speed and bravado of Hamilton, Vettel’s car control, Button precision, Alonso’s intelligence, Riccardo’s smile and a bunch of kinds that are just old enough to have a drink fighting for the coveted spot of “the best new thing in town” and put them in those monstrosities that Indy officials call cars, people would tune in, for sure. But that’s topic for a different thread.

For the time being, let us relax, drink a little Vodka and continue to hope for the impossible; one interesting race …

Something seriously ill-designed about those armco there... a car should never get slid under the barriers in this day and age. It was like something out of the seventies...

Sainz is given permission subject to being passed fit by the medical doctor because he showed his practice times would have been competitive enough to compete in the race

The concerning matter is that the time taken to get to Sainz and get him out of the car

Last edited:
My old man turned up just as Q3 started. It was on in the background as we were chatting which, I get the feeling, was the best way to watch it.

Something seriously ill-designed about those armco there... a car should never get slid under the barriers in this day and age. It was like something out of the seventies...

Its them low noses which did act as a scoop high noses & obviously its rams not scoops. Hand it to Adrian newey he predicted before the 1st preseason 2014 test in jerez

F1 2014's lower noses might not prove safer, Red Bull designer warns

Times today incredible compared to last yr 1.5s faster on a green track shows the progress of these v6 engines &

4 people (I counted) in the start finish straight grand stand this morning for the GP3 race. Silverstone grandstands are full for every race. Just saying.

screenshot.12.jpg

Switched the TV on at 12:20 to find the race was already underway so moved over to the recording on Sky. It needed the safety cars to spice it up and we had a lull towards the end but all in all a thoroughly enjoyable race with plenty of accidents, incidents and overtakes. After last year I was very doubtful we would get a decent race but I was very wrong.

Terrible move, taken a podium away from Bottas, they should throw the book at him. Should get lots of points on his licence, 30 second penalty applied and a grid drop for USA.

So does that make much difference to the standings?
Are Mercedes now WCC?
Still doesn't help Bottas, he should be given Kimi's ten points.

5th to 8th wooo now thats being tough. Let that be a lesson to you Kimi :rolleyes:

Mercs are constructors champions. Confirming what we all knew months ago.

I think Kimi should have been disqualified in my opinion because it was not even close to be judged a racing incident ..more like a desperate and reckless move which should not have been expected from a former world champion

Now Mr Arrivabene -.."Now can you see why you should have sent him to retirement!":facepalm:

Make that :censored: ridiculous move by Kimi..:embarrassed::oops:. more in line what Senna or Schumacher would do in desperation. Perhaps its a sign of how much under pressure the Iceman still is:whistle:

There was GP2 and GP3 more event-trigger on the Sochi GP in the last year.
But today F1 race had much more events then GP2 and GP3 races.

Back
Top Bottom