2014 driver line up market

How Erricson is in contention for an F1 drive when he made such a hash of GP2 last year I don't know.

I'm not saying the boy isn't quick or skilled (I'd put him above VDG) but if there was a way to throw a result away last year Erricson found it. Meanwhile poor old Sammy Bird and Mr Leimer don't get a look in!

Sorensen was racing for Enstone's junior team in 3.5 last year and, after a poor start where he couldn't get his set up right, he started to look quite impressive by the end of the year so glad to see him getting some time in with the F1 team and possibley some Friday runs.

As for Van Der Garde leaving Caterham and not being in the field anymore I can't say I'll miss him. He was all speed and no control just sometimes without the speed.

I will be interested to see how Ericson does if he gets the drive as he's always been rated highly and always been quick. He had a dog of a year last year though.

At last we have the final line up.
Huge victory for the F1 fans getting Koby back into F1. Over £1 million of his sponsor money is from fans groups. Great to have him back.
Very interested to see how the rookies do especially Magnussen.

Redbull - Vettel & Ricciardo
Ferrari - Alonso & Kimi
Mercedes - Hamilton & Rosberg
McLaren - Magnussen & Jenson
Lotus - Maldonado & Grosjean
TorroRosso - Kvyat & Verne
Williams - Massa & Bottas
Caterham - Kobayashi & Ericsson
Force India - Hulkenberg & Perez
Sauber - Sutil & Gutierrez
Marrusia - Bianchi & Chilton

Last edited:
I have a day off on Friday and know the drivers pretty well Brogan so happy to do em unless someone else fancies it?

*edit*- Ok my bus was stuck in traffic so I did them on the way home! Enjoy.

Last edited:
Redbull - Vettel & Ricciardo
Ferrari - Alonso & Kimi
Mercedes - Hamilton & Rosberg
McLaren - Magnussen & Jenson
Lotus - Maldonado & Grosjean
TorroRosso - Kvyat & Verne
Williams - Massa & Bottas
Caterham - Kobayashi & Ericsson
Force India - Hulkenberg & Perez
Sauber - Sutil & Gutierrez
Marrusia - Bianchi & Chilton

So we have three leagues - the know good, the know bad and the unknown. I'll let you draw your own tables about who fits where.

I'll bite with a five category system:

No doubts: Vettel, Alonso, Kimi, Hamilton, Rosberg, Button, Grosjean, Hulkenberg, Bottas, Bianchi

Point to prove: Kobayashi, Perez, Maldonado, Ricciardo

Last chance saloon: Massa, Sutil, Vergne

Need a miracle: Chilton, Gutierrez

The rookies: Kvyat, Magnussen, Ericcsson

I will say that having Koby back goes some way towards offsetting the double-points nonsense. There may be hope yet!

Back
Top Bottom