Grand Prix 2014 Chinese Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Ni hao!!

Welcome to the discussion for the 11th running of the Chinese Grand Prix, in 'Shanghai' (i.e. the middle of nowhere). The imposing circuit, with its 200,000 capacity grandstands, stand tall and large in the middle of marshland. Unfortunately, there is very little danger of anything like 200,000 people entering the circuit (despite whatever the Chinese government claims!!) This was the scene of Nico Rosberg's win in the Mercedes in 2012, and, given the form of the Silver Arrows this season, who says that the team can't repeat that feat?

As I'm sure you all know by now, thanks to previous Chinese discussion threads, the circuit, designed by Hermann Tilke, was created in the shape of the Chinese symbol 'shang', which means up/above/on top of. Whilst the circuit may not be the most thrilling in the world, it does often produce great races, mainly down to its tight hairpin preceded by a 1km long straight at the end of the lap. Most notable of these was perhaps in 2007, where Lewis Hamilton's title hopes were postponed and eventually crushed in the Chinese gravel in the pit lane.

After the thriller in the Bahraini desert, the pressure will be on the F1 circus to continue to provide the thrills and spills for the Chinese Grand Prix. With the teams sure to be closely matched (apart from the Mercs, obviously), there is little to suggest that it won't be a competitive event, with many questions to be answered. Will the team-mate grudges continue? Will Maldonado stop driving like a nutter? Will a Sauber finish the race? And, most importantly, will Chilton not finish last?

All that remains for me to say is..... Ready, Steady, Discuss!!!

Hamilton had never won at Bahrain before last Sunday either, nor (I think) had he ever won at Malaysia before this year, so who's to say he won't win three in a row and make that another first?

I agree about Vettel v Ricciardo; there is also the aforementioned Hamilton v Rosberg, as well as Hulkenberg v Perez, Alonso v Raikkonen, Massa v Bottas, Button v Magnussen etc.

This year could well be an epic for team-mate battles.

Only three drivers have ever won the first six races out of seven Lewis needs to win the next four to equal this dubious feat...

Yes it would be great to see the Hulk on the top step and maybe then the top teams will start to take him seriously....

Last edited:
The fat twonk could hardly get over the barrier..

The brakes on these cars run between 700 and a 1000 degrees c, well **** me I didn't know that Brundle do tell me again next week..

Back
Top Bottom