Grand Prix 2014 British Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

As Mark Webber kindly pointed out on the podium interviews Nico Rosberg won last years British GP. On the back of a win in Austria I'm sure Nico will be hoping for the same again and to have the chance to further extend his lead in the drivers title race. But this is the British Grand Prix and Lewis Hamilton is bound to be pumped up to put on a good show for his home crowd.

I have a vague recollection of problems with tyres at this race last year. Somehow I don't think there will be a repeat even with the "sharp kerbs" which Pirelli tried to lay the blame on still in place.

Behind the Mercs Williams are clearly the best of the rest or did Austria flatter to deceive? Force India are also there or there abouts and both of the FI drivers seem to be enjoying having the most powerful engine on the grid as they stack others cars up behind them, wearing their tyres down to the canvas.

Red Bull must be getting close to some grid penalties for Vettel with another technical failure in Austria so it looks, once again, like it will be down to Ricciardo to up hold Red Bull and Renault honours in Northamptonshire. Unless they are pushed close again by their junior team, who have shown great pace compared to the Newey cars.

In the middle of all these will be Fernando Alonso who doesn't seem to realise that the Ferrari is crap. Perhaps he should have a chat with Kimi who is making every effort to show just how bad the car is.

There will be some other teams there and of them McLaren might score some points but that's about it. So, after a rousing chorus of God Save the Queen this little island will give us a couple of hours of intense excitement or teeth grinding tedium. I'm sure most that will be there will be hoping for a Lewis win, after all there aren't any other British drivers with a hope in hell of getting in the top 6.

At the moment Force India seem to be at a level where they can compete by being on an alternate strategy. This generally means Perez/Hulk going for 50 laps on the harder tyre and everyone getting stuck behind them. As long as the Mercs are in front of the FI train they're probably not too bothered.
Fair comment I think. At Spa and Monza the Force Indias and maybe the Williams should be strong contenders. Both are quick in a straight line.

I admit I like Hamilton so I'm hoping he wins or else the WDC is going to be getting rather boring after so much early promise.

Hope Willians pressure the Merc's again and that Red Bull get up there to mix it too...

The campers will be arriving this time next week in rather wet fields by the look of things :(

Screen Shot 2014-06-26 at 13.00.48.png

I'm sorry Greenlantern101 but I am once again confused. First of all I thought that "Precipitation: 0%" meant dry and secondly because the times are black in both the foreground and the background, maybe it's my browser.

Oh well, from the Beeb you are perfectly correct; they are forecasting showers on most days next week and I won't be near a tv so the times won't matter to me.

Williams? They have the same engine configuration as Mercedes and probably better rear brakes. Now that they have shown that they are capable of lasting the distance and have a podium in the locker I can't see Massa sitting watching yet another team mate beat him.

Back
Top Bottom