Football 2014-15 Season

And ten points clear thanks to a last minute goal by Gillingham against PNE. If I wasn't at work I'd be being fished out of barrel of cider tomorrow morning !!!!

Poor Mandzukic, got absolutely beat up today. The first half head clash with Ramos, the elbow from Ramos later, the Carvajal incident, and a few more minor blows. First legs are so anticlimactic.

Finished our last game in League 1 with an 8-2 victory over Walsall. What a way to finish the season. Looking forward to our Championship run now. Can we sustain that level of form and maybe make a push towards the Prem ??

Drink Up Thee Cider :cheers:

"Drink up thee cider George, pass me round the mug
Drink up thee cider George, thy garden's well nigh dug
There's dung all o'er thy taters and half up thy gaters
And there's still more cider in the jug

Chorus:
Drink up thee cider, drink up the cider
For tonight we'll merry be
We'll roll the milk churns over and roll them in the clover
The corn's half cut and so be we

Drink up thee cider George, bisn't goin' far
Drink up thee cider George, he's gettin' quite a star
His cheeks are gettin' redder, from charter house to cheddar
And there's still more cider in the jar

Chorus

Drink up thee cider George; get up off the mat
Drink up thee cider George, put on thy great big hat
We're goin' to Barrow Gurney to see me cousin Ernie
And there's still more cider in the bath

Chorus

Drink up thee cider George, get up off me chest
Drink up thee cider George it's time you had a rest
There's nothing like more cider to make your smile grow wider
And there's still more cider in the West

Chorus
Chorus"

:D:cheers:

Stand up, for the champions
Stand up, for the champions...

:D

Finished our last game in League 1 with an 8-2 victory over Walsall. What a way to finish the season. Looking forward to our Championship run now. Can we sustain that level of form and maybe make a push towards the Prem ??

bit late to say this but only joined a few days congrats on the promotion, but you were class of the league JPT & champions. as a sheff utd fan i was hoping it would be us as well. god knows how we beat you back in february barring cup competitions we were dreadful barring a few high points like gillingham H you lot A Barnsley A

Thank you mate. I honestly thought it was going to be your title this year. When we went to your place and won on the opening day of the season it was clear that we would have a pretty good season but in my wildest I couldn't have hoped for a better one.

I think you are bang on for a top two spot next season without a doubt. Good luck anyway.

We knew about November/December that it would be play offs as were poor before Southampton in league cup had won 2 in 9, far too defensive tactics the defence was leaky. For the last 3 months we playing without a recognised CB instead 4 FB's. so I know from outside it was a shock but to us it was no surprise he was too stubborn wasnt willing to change

I hope so but I fear with likes of wigan Peterborough Millwall Doncaster & Barnsley how were desperate for 3 CBs in my opinion may be playoffs again

But good luck in championship next season I think a few addition s you should be safe

Last edited:
I hope so. We won't get away with a squad of 18 in the Championship. I know this sounds bonkers for a team that's had its best season in 60 years but I our manager has never really performed at this level and has a reputation for stubbornness. You only have to ask Forest fans what they think of him. They gave their opinions chapter and verse on our Forum as soon as we signed him. For them it was a similar story to how you describe Clough. Playing players out of position (up front this time) while leaving better players on the bench of failing to recruit.

At our place he seems to have it all under control and with the right additions, momentum may carry us towards the play offs which would be nice.

There are some good teams in League One but if your new man recruits well in the summer you'll be up there. Those teams you mention will be in the mix but you should be among them and are certainly no worse than any of them. Keep the faith.

Back
Top Bottom