2013 Open Championship

KekeTheKing

Banned
Supporter
I may never be able to type these words again. Shiv Kapur is tied for the lead.

This guy has just birdied 5 of his first 6 holes. The complete unknown out of India shares the lead with Zach Johnson. How long can he stay there?

In other news, former champion Louis Oosthuizen was forced to withdraw for unspecified reasons.

Boiler Up! Kapur played golf at Purdue University, my bro goes there! Also Ian Poulter (I think it was him) said 8 was a joke and needed a windmill and a clown face. whatever that means.

Is bloomin hot out there on the course today (says the man sat in a shaded tent with a cold drink and comfy chair) I am just hoping a few more players start to make a charge before the end of the day, though Westwood coming through has made my parents very happy (brought them up here for their birthday presents and they really wanted to see him finish on Sunday). As always with the open, some brilliant golf from some relatively unknown players on the first few days, and some big names disappearing into obscurity fairly early on....

Quite a round from Westwood. Could've been better too. That driver from the fairway was sweet, even though the ball ended up in the bunker...

Incredible finish to the Open Championship. Mickelson finishes off the Scottish sweep with two in a row. Commiserations for Westwood, the guys gotta be wondering when/if its going to happen for him.

As for Shiv Kapur, the man who prompted the opening of this thread....His low mark of 6 under was matched only by Zach Johnson briefly. Sadly for Shiv though, he was 21 over after that point. His 30 on the front nine in Round 1 was 14 strokes better than his front nine in Round 3. He did fire a nice even par 71 in the Final Round though.

After the dignity in defeat that Mickleson showed at the Ryder cup and again with his comments in defeat at the US Open, it couldn't have been won by a better bloke. He really, genuinely comes across as such a nice guy. A fantastic round of golf to take the title and a true gent. Good on him.

Back
Top Bottom