Poll 2013 Korean Grand Prix Out Of Ten

Rating out of ten

• Total voters
It's tricky one. Boring processional first half. Then things got lively and we had a van on the track and a car on fire. That's what it's come to to get some excitement :(.
The track was awful, no spectators, a bump on the pit lane exit and even with DRS not much chance to overtake. That said the drivers made a battle of it( I don't count Vettel in that statement) Some very good driving. Loved the Alonso Hamilton scrap! relentless and clean. THATS what I want to be watching! And great display by the Hulk. Di Resta once again proved my initial assessment of him....average and over hyped..... to be close to the mark. Scrap that, it was a generous assessment.
Would like to have seen what Hamilton could have done if they'd given him new tyres when he first asked...tyres again:givemestrength:Liked his final exasperated message to the pits..' When you gonna bring me in man, these tyres are ****ed' :snigger:
Oh to have Hamilton and Alonso up with Vettel in similar....just SIMILAR equipment.
First half of the race, 3, second half of the race 7 and on 1 for the excellent driving we saw and I think we come out at about 6 or 7. 6 I think because the track was crap.

I tried to vote, but my voting finger caught fire, and rather than put it out effectively with the extinguisher to hand, both of my feet decided to try and stamp it out instead- but it took them ages to get there...

They have since received a monumental bollicking, and it is doubtful whether they will be allowed to take part next year.

:crazy:

Here in RG20 we saw a different race.

Here in Warsaw, I was beginning to doubt my sanity/eyesight after reading the early comments.
Thank you, GeoffP, for listing the discrepancies as I saw them.
Four from me, the only 'race' was among also-rans; Singapore with just the supporting cast shuffled around. :(

I gave up watching Boxing many years ago but, I believe, there is a situation where, if the contest becomes too one-sided and the fighter on the wrong end of a good pummelling is no longer able to defend himself, the referee can call a halt to save further humiliation.

If applied to Formula One 2013, methinks the referee should have called this off after about Round 9; or 11 at the latest!

Last edited:
After much thought and partaking of debate elsewhere I have deemed it worthy of a Fender's mark of 7. The DRS zones and domination of tyre issues over the abiliy of the chaps to genuinely show us their race pace and overtaking abilities continue to annoy me. I'm just never sure that I am watching the real thing or a contrivance. Although I have warmed to the circuit it still leaves a lot to be desired.

Had folks such as KekeTheKing , RasputinLives , Road of Bones Bill Boddy and everyone else here not given me food for thought I might have given it 8. Fender's points above 7 are reserved for the special.:D

Ok everyone, as Japan is almost on us already I will let this poll run until Saturday evening rather than Friday as usual in the hope that the 10+ more of you out there who usually vote will find the time to get your scores in by then. Korea is battling it out amongst the top few and with the number of voters dwindling each vote is more important than ever before!

Well delaying things didn't lure in many extra votes unfortunately so we're well down on the usual numbers. Here are the results anyway:

KOREA RESULTS

CTA Race of the Year
Score (mean):
Tiebreak 1 (median): 7
Tiebreak 2 (mode): 7

CTA Most Disputed Race
Score (Avg. Dev. on Median):
Tiebreak (Std. Dev. on Mean): 1.3

No. Votes: 34

CTA Race of the Year

Back
Top Bottom