2012 rumours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with Hulkenburg and Di Resta expected to be confirmed with Force India in the next few days, we will have Sutil, Liuzzi, Buemi, Alguersuari, Barrichello, Petrov, D'Ambrosio, and goodness knows how many other drivers competing for two seats, one at Williams, and one at HRT.
Any Bets?

Oh, and Sakon Yamomoto.

And the winner is... Sir Frank Williams. Shame they can't separate PDVSA from Maldonado... So one car to fill and serious options including Sutil, Alguersuari, Buemi, Petrov & Senna. With those five on the shelf, it would be a real shame to see Rubens keep the drive - I just think it's someone else's time now.

Maybe none of these guys are future world champions, but all have delivered and in my eyes at least, done more than Grosjean, Pic, de la Rosa, Ricciardo & Vergne to deserve a drive. Add to that some has-beens (Schumacher) and never-will-bes (Webber), and it all looks a bit like supply and demand are out of line.

SFW will no doubt recognise that and will probably get an amazing deal as a result. :)

Maybe none of these guys are future world champions, but all have delivered and in my eyes at least, done more than Grosjean, Pic, de la Rosa, Ricciardo & Vergne to deserve a drive.

I don't know what more Grosjean or Vergne, in particular, could have done to deserve a drive? I would sooner see them given their chance than any of the five drivers you suggest, who I would all put in the "never-will-be" category.

I don't know what more Grosjean or Vergne, in particular, could have done to deserve a drive? I would sooner see them given their chance than any of the five drivers you suggest, who I would all put in the "never-will-be" category.
We are debating this across two threads :)

My case in point is Jenson Button - a star at 20, finished by 22, world champion at 29.

Jenson's time at Benetton was at least as ugly as anything Sutil or Petrov have delivered

Have to agree with Galahad. Vergne showed more potential in one Friday session than Senna has in a season and a half of racing and Petrov has shown in 38 Grand Prixs that he's a consistent midfield runner who has not really shown any signs of development at all.

I agree with you on Sutil, Alguersauri, Buemi and D'ambrosio but I think you need to look at the Schumachers, Trulli, De La Rosa's and Webbers of this world as to why their aren't enough seats to go round.

Lets not shoot the 4 young guys down before they've had a chance. Yes its a strange strategy by Toro Rosso but we always knew they were treating the team as their 'junior' team which meant trying out drivers for their first team. Obviously after 3 season they've decided neither Alguersauri or Buemi are good enough for that so have decided to try out guys they think might. Personally I think Jean-Eric Vergne has taken them a bit by surprise are they want to get him in an F1 car quick before anyone else does.

Sutil for Williams, Clos for HRT.

I'd like that prediction to be true G but something tells me Alguersauri will fill one of those seats - also lets not forget Jan Charouz for the HRT seat. He ran the Friday practice session for them in Brazil as has heavy financial backing for a young guy!

Funny how Jules Bianchi seems to have dissapeared off everyone's shopping lists now. This time last year he was all set to be the next big thing and France's great Grand Prix hope - now he has 3 guys in before him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom