Pre-Season 2012 New Car Images & Discussion

Does this count? :D

4545.jpg

The nose at least looks a bit lower than the Caterham LOL

I thought the 2009 cars were ugly (even after 2008, remember those sidepods!:sick:), but I got used to them. However looking at that nose I am thinking of the seventies and even the March 711 is prettier to look at!

320px-March_711_2007.jpg

mmm.

I think they’re deliberately adding an ugly feature each season to see how far they can go, just for kicks lol.

They add one ugly feature but by the end of season we’ve grown use to it, so they add another. Such as the ugly wing sizes and the loooooooong cars etc.

Does this count? :D

View attachment 3237

The nose at least looks a bit lower than the Caterham LOL

Trying to establish the angles with the sheet, you can see a drop in the nose but the wheel hides what the McLaren lines from cockpit to nose! Just hope it's more subtle than the Caterham, as that is damn ugly.

Just think if we have a season like last year with Vettel winning easy, we'll have ugly cars to match the ugly championship.

I thought the 2009 cars were ugly (even after 2008, remember those sidepods!:sick:), but I got used to them. However looking at that nose I am thinking of the seventies and even the March 711 is prettier to look at!

320px-March_711_2007.jpg

mmm.
Loved this car, dad bought it me for a birthday present....the Scalextric version of course, it always reminded me of an Ironing Board being bolted on the front, maybe it was for dual purpose, weekend racing, weekdays a kitchen essential for ironing the team uniforms?

Just to clarify - that virtual image of the McLaren under the sheets is nothing to do with the MP4-27. It is the exact same image they used last year for the MP4-26 and even that did not resemble the MP4-26 - it's just a general image of a F1 car under-covers.

I entered a competition today as an official McLaren team member to go to their car launch at the MTC in Woking on 01/02/2012. I'll find out if I've won a place on Friday. Will be so amazing if I get to go :)

I entered a competition today as an official McLaren team member to go to their car launch at the MTC in Woking on 01/02/2012. I'll find out if I've won a place on Friday. Will be so amazing if I get to go :)

I was about to ask if anyone had got this invite as yet, wasn't sure what the closing date they had given was. I tried watching the online version last year, but the number of people tuning in caused it to be a nightmare of jumping images and no sound :( Also hoping to be at Woking next week, but it is going to depend on work right now as everyone wants to have meetings on the 1st >:(

Sky are going to be at all the major launches, they confirmed it earlier.

I'm not sure what that means in terms of coverage though.

The actual F1 channel doesn't start until March, so if anything it would be on their website.

Back
Top Bottom