Grand Prix 2012 Malaysian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Il_leone

Champion Elect
You don’t know this, I don’t know this and nobody will ever know this. Its just your opinion. You cant fairly compare any F1 driver from the 60’s to a modern one, the cars, the sport have changed just too much since then.

Btw, how old are you? Did you witness Clarks career? I didn’t. In fact did you actually witness all of Schumacher’s career or are you basing your opinions on things you’ve heard?
I've seen Senna race in the late 80's and I got bored of Schumacher's one sided championships because it was obvious he had the best car and his teammate was never allowed to race him. The Bridgestones were made for Schumacher that is why Mclaren chose Michelin for 2002 because they felt Ferrari were being favoured for designs of the tyre

Its easy for him to be dominant if he has a NO 2 driver who is contractually not allowed to race him and two test drivers doing the extra miles for him with the team that spends the most every year except Toyota

Clark drove in Lotuses designed by Colin Chapman which were clearly the fastest cars most seasons and Clark was acknowledged as the best driver in that era and did not win more titles that 2 because invariably Chapman would design cars and try out new parts that would fail.

Chapman was a risk taker in trying to design faster cars

Il_leone

Champion Elect
Well the same goes for drive through penalties, but at least in that instance the driver has a chance to repair the damage in the race.

I've said it before, but in most incidences, the penalty is the incident itself. No driver is going around intentionally crashing into another driver. Why can't stewards accept that 70-80% of incidences are near-enough blameless.

Since the HRt are likely to be at the back of the grid it would not make a difference giving Narain a 10 place grid drop would it

20 seconds in the race maybe if he was higher up

Mephistopheles

Banned
Contributor
I've seen Senna race in the late 80's and I got bored of Schumacher's one sided championships because it was obvious he had the best car and his teammate was never allowed to race him. The Bridgestones were made for Schumacher that is why Mclaren chose Michelin for 2002 because they felt Ferrari were being favoured for designs of the tyre

Chapman was a risk taker in trying to design faster cars
Schumacher even got to design a corner which suited his own driving style but I still think he was and still is a superb talent

The problem is Chapman took risks with drivers lives!!!!!!!!!!

Il_leone

Champion Elect
Schumacher even got to design a corner which suited his own driving style but I still think he was and still is a superb talent

The problem is Chapman took risks with drivers lives!!!!!!!!!!
Yes even Rindt was not comfortable in using Lotus 49's in his seasons at Lotus

I remember Chapman trying out different rear wings and they were cracking from the vibrations at the back on a Tv documentary

Il_leone

Champion Elect
So did all other team principals of that era.

Yes but Chapman was the biggest risk taker because he was clearly a great designer if he got the regulations right and usually he was the first to do so before the other teams caught on and surpassed him

Reactions: mjo

Il_leone

Champion Elect

A superb talent that really did not need the politics to show his superlative skills. - take Austria 2002 if he came out and said he was prepared to race Rubens for the championship then at least he could have got more respect that way

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to Sunday's race Narain seems to be the most unpopular man at the moment with Red Bull. Perhaps for once its the sign of the pressure the team are under as they realise they have a fight on their hands

I am waiting for when Red Bull will start favouring Vettel and Marko sticks his nose in again that the world champion needs more help

Nice to see Vettel and Horner showing a bit of class - NOTLOL

Top Bottom