Poll 2012 Malaysian Grand Prix Driver of the Weekend.

Driver of the Weekend: Malaysia

• Vettel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Webber

• Button

• Hamilton

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Alonso

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • Massa

• Schumacher

• Rosberg

• Raikkonen

• Grosjean

• Di Resta

• Hulkenberg

• Kobayashi

• Perez

Votes: 30 50.8%
  • Ricciardo

• Vergne

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Maldonado

• Senna

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Kovalainen

• Petrov

• Glock

• Pic

• De La Rosa

• Karthikeyan

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

landogeorgelewis1

Champion Elect
You know the drill by now, vote on the driver of the weekend. Not just your favourite.

Many good performance out there on the race track but reckon we might get a runaway win, or maybe not!

Perez, No question. Let's hope there's more of this to come as the grid margins contract.

Fernando, great job, drove his pants off, but lucked out big time to get the win.

Has to be Fernando. By far not the fastest car on the grid but he still won. Perez let the pressure get to him when he should have won so I can't realistically vote for him.

Has to be Fernando. By far not the fastest car on the grid but he still won. Perez let the pressure get to him when he should have won so I can't realistically vote for him.

If he'd lost the second place that he was ordered to maintain, I would be inclined to agree with you.

I'd love to say Pérez. It was a brilliant performance in a car that was not fast enough to be in the position it was in. But...

Fernando Alonso was 7th in the Fastest Lap standings and 8th in Qualification. He finished 97 seconds clear of his team-mate. He leads the Championship in a car that has been ridiculed for the first fortnight of this season. He was in a car that was at no point the fastest, but he won. Incredible! I really cannot vote any other way.

Without diminishing Alonso's achievement, Brundle made the point that as the Ferrari overheats the tyres, it is much better placed to perform in the wet as the tyres are warmer than the other cars.

The result and lap times would appear to bear that out.

Comparing to Massa is pointless as his career is over.

Comparing to Massa is pointless as his career is over.

Aye, but I think that very much could be layed at Alonso's door. I think he overperformed his car in qualifying, quite frankly, and I think he did exceptionally well to be in a position to take advantage.

Honorary mention to Bruno Senna as well, not as bad as some of us :whistle: may have contended last week.

Gave it to Perez in the end because he's young, he has balls, ambition and ability

Alonso is my 'very favouritest' driver and did a sterling job, in fact quite remarkable - but he was just building on experience.

Perez drove a great race but considering how bad the Ferrari's looked in the first two races, Alonso for me. He did the impossible

Perez drove a great race but considering how bad the Ferrari's looked in the first two races, Alonso for me. He did the impossible

With only one driver Ferrari have achieved 5th and 1st - Q3 in both races. Whilst I agree Alonso has done a cracking job I think we may be downgradinging the car's abilities and bigging up the Spanish maestro.

He's certainly in the running for every positive award this season, but the Ferrari looked great today - apart from in Massa's hands (hence my avatar)

Seeing how Alonso didn't make any mistakes today and Perez did, Alonso. Even though I want to vote for Sergio.

BTW - If you hadn't guessed i voted for Sergio Perez. He was just awesome and run Alonso very close. But over the whole weekend in general he's looked cool as a cucumber.

With only one driver Ferrari have achieved 5th and 1st - Q3 in both races. Whilst I agree Alonso has done a cracking job I think we may be downgradinging the car's abilities and bigging up the Spanish maestro.

Alonso Qualified 12th at Aus and P8 in Malaysia. The car was pretty good today, at least for the first 10 laps or so after the restart but i think the pace shown by Alonso today actually flattered the car more then anything

Back
Top Bottom