Grand Prix 2012 Korean Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

The 2012 season is down to the final quarter with just five races remaining.

McLaren seem to have run out of steam and barring an incredible run of results, coupled with some misfortune for the other front runners, it looks like they won't be taking any silverware home with them this year. Again.

Alonso has enjoyed an incredible stint at the front for the previous eight races since the European GP.
What's more incredible is that includes two non-scoring races, thanks mainly to his rivals messing up, all too frequently.

That looks to be coming to an end though as Red Bull seem to have rediscovered their form from last year and barring mistakes, Vettel should pass him at Korea to take the lead in the WDC.
In fact, it's hard to see past Vettel and Red Bull for both championships now, which would make it three in a row for both.

Which means it's all about the runner up places now.
Second place could go to any one of five different drivers: Alonso, Raikkonen, Hamilton, Webber, and Button.

A decent result for Massa finally saw him break clear of the bottom group of points scorers; jumping PĂ©rez into ninth place, who ironically managed to take himself out trying to overtake the driver he's replacing at McLaren next year.
As Brundle would say, "he ran out of talent".

Can Kobayashi repeat his podium and improve his prospects for next year?

Can Grosjean get past the first corner without hitting anyone?

All these questions and more will be answered in a little under six days.

Last year's podium consisted of Vettel, Hamilton and Webber and it wouldn't be too much of a surprise to see that repeated this year.

Circuit details and stat's here: http://cliptheapex.com/pages/korean-international-circuit/

Is it me or did Hamilton lose around 3 tenths in the last sector? He was about a tenth up in sector two then two tenths down by the end, I was expecting Hammy in preliminary pole!
EDIT: He was 0.183 up in S2 and then 0.227 off Webber at the end of the lap

In other words in the 15 races so far, nine of those who started 11th on the grid have finished there or lower (including three retirements) and six have finished higher, notably Alonso winning at Valencia.

Ah yes, but every fourth race the driver has scored a high points finish (including 2 podiums). Race win for Button ;)

The start could be interesting tomorrow.
Webber is notorious for getting away slowly and with Vettel on the dirty side, they could be side by side into turn 1.

Perhaps Hamilton can take advantage as he's on the clean side behind Webber?

Can't really see Button doing much from P11 as the McLaren is very slow through the speed trap, so won't really be able to use DRS and will be very vulnerable to those behind.

Hamilton could just as easily get boxed in behind Webber (it's happened in the past, I seem to remember) giving Alonso an opportunity up the inside. Like you say though Brogan, could be interesting.

racecub, you're not the only one who got it wrong. David Croft, commentating on Sky F1, said it was Rosberg even though Schumacher's red helmet was clearly visible. Perhaps that's where your app got their information from.

Chad Stewarthill that could be it. Can't complain too much since its free. here's another interesting little thing I picked up. The sixth row of tomorrow's GP is McLarens 2013 line up. button 11th and Perez 12th. I wonder how Perez will play that?Try to prove a point like he did last week or be very circumspect?

Well whatever problems Hamilton had on Friday have been fixed, halfway through Q3 and I was fearful that Red Bull would be half a second ahead of the rest of the pack but Hamilton is only two tenths behind so he's in with a shout

So no penalties for drivers ignoring yellow flags on the last lap of Q2? Button should have really kept his foot in and made up the 5000ths of a second. :givemestrength:

Back
Top Bottom