Grand Prix 2012 Bahrain Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

f1fansp

Points Scorer
Did those of you watching on Sky get any proper views of the Ham/Ros and Alo/Ros incidents? The only ones I saw on the BBC coverage were the long camera shots from Turn 4, and then onboard of Alonso gesturing to Rosberg afterwards

Chad Stewarthill

Champion Elect
Contributor
Those are all the views I got too, being the main feed that everyone gets. As I have my Sky F1 through Virgin Media, I won't get the red button features until about July! So maybe someone who has their Sky F1 direct from Sky was watching the in-car shots from Hamilton's cockpit, as I know from the commentary that he was one of the options.

Viscount

Pole Sitter
Contributor
Good explanation as to why Rosberg didn't get a penalty, the Hamilton one's a bit iffy though. Hope the stewards are consistent for the rest of the season.

Josh

Champion Elect
If you're implying who/what I think you are implying, then they would have punished that other driver, wouldn't they? :rolleyes:

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
I thought the implication was fairly obvious ;) . In this particular circumstance Rosberg got away with it twice so it would have been very difficult to punish one of the other drivers those involved in the two incidents and not the other.

ZakspeedYakspeed

NeverUnderestimateThePredictabilityOfStupidity
Premium Contributor
FB

I hope you are not implying that a major manufacturer who is absolutely critical to the future of F1 who recently tasted victory for the first time in a country which is extremely important to the anyone involved in motorised transport might have received a liberal opinion from a stewards investigation into alleged transgressions...

shirley not...

:dunno:

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
I knew I would regret that statement... :embarrassed: I like many others CFS, have seen some bias in decisions adversely affecting Lewis Hamilton - Spa 2008 being a case in point - but don't see the wider (and I use this word advisedly) "conspiratorial" side of things in the way you do. The question in my mind is would Hamilton have been punished for overtaking off the circuit (which is not allowed under the rules) had Rosberg not done a very similar thing to Alonso a few laps later. This is something we will never know.

Shall we leave it there?

tranquility2k9

Podium Finisher
Interesting that it has come out that Hamilton may indeed driver at the Mugello test:- http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12433/7698729/Hamilton-may-test-at-Mugello

I personally think that both JB and LH should drive there and then just have Paffett drive the first day. To me they will be giving away a big advantage if they do not. This years tyres are still an unknown to everyone to some extent and although McLaren's test/reserve drivers can give general feedback they will not be able to give anywhere near the kind of feedback that LH and JB can as they have driven them in 4 races and in many different conditions.

I also feel that it should be LH and JB that ultimately decide if updates are worth while, seeming as many small updates are often chosen based on driver preference (such as McLaren's latest FW that JB used and LH did not).

Hopefully Bahrain will be a wake up call and McLaren will change their plans. I fear if they do not then they could be left behind a bit come Barcelona.

ZakspeedYakspeed

NeverUnderestimateThePredictabilityOfStupidity
Premium Contributor
Maybe the stewards were waiting for Hamiltons second stop ? He already had incurred half of a 20 second drive through the first go round... and they figured after his second stop that he got the other 10 seconds ?

Natural justice ?

I will say that Lewis can't seem to take a trick at the moment... but he is keeping it together admirably... let's hope he has a good weekend in Barca...

Top Bottom