2011 Young Driver Test Thread

Wonder how Danny Ricciardo feels today. Seems to me that JEV has surpassed him as Red Bull's hope for the future.

As for Pic/Wickens, I think it's clear who brings the most sponsorship to the table.
He's probably grumbling something about how he went faster last year - I agree with you though - I'd be far mroe excited to see Vergne in a Toro Rosso seat next year than Ricciardo

Bloody Hell F1 is a harsh sport hey? Not sure how your supposed to impress when your driving an HRT. Mr RedBull is going to have to buy/sponsor half the grid though if he is going to get all his driver into drives LOL.

Ill say though impressive has he was I think things will get tougher for Vergne if he does get a drive in the near future. That'll be the acid test

Well Mr Vergne thinks he's ready http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96298

To be honest Andrea_Moda I think Ricciardio did impress for HRT in Abu Dhabi by pretty much blitzing Liuzzi but I think the reason Vergne has risen to favoured status has more to do with how much he beat Ricciardo by in the Renault 3.5 series this year. Although Ricciardo missed 4 rounds of the series Vergne had an 88 point gap on him which is a huge amount and he and Wickens were really a class above the other runners.

Bah my last does sound quite negative doesn;t it! Not trying to beat up on Vergne there. It just seems tough for rookies atm with Testing how it is, with a couple of expetions. Given Time i see both having long and fruitful carrers in F1. Ricciardo smacks a little of Alguersuari and buemi when they started in F1, But there really growing on me now.

I hadn't noticed how much Vergne had dominated this season in Formula Renault tho. wonder if F1 fridays has been a distration for ricciardo?

Back
Top Bottom