2011 Silly Season

FB said:

Already on Tuesday, there was an article in Turun Sanomat (they are usually very well informed about anything concerning Räikkönen) saying there was nothing between Kimi and Renault.

http://www.ts.fi/f1/uutiset/162506.html

Since it looks people didn’t take it too seriously, yesterday evening there was another article also in Turun Sanomat:

http://www.ts.fi/f1/uutiset/162940.html

It basically says that:

• Kimi was only interested to go back to F1 if it was to drive for a winning team. Renault is not a winning team.
  • Renault are using Räikkönen’s name to put pressure on Petrov and his sponsors.
  • Renault will provably retain Petrov: they need a pay driver to pay Kubica’s salary.
  • Renault had some contacts with Sutil, Heidfeld and Glock, but the negotiations were withdrawn a couple of weeks ago. Reason: Renault can not pay them.

Ah! And today morning Neil Cole talked to Kimi in Rally France. Afterwards he posted this in his tweet:
http://twitpic.com/2taa12
Kimi: "I WANT to stay in rallying, but no decision yet"

;) Lets respect the wish of Kimi, he is better and more happy in Ralley and also think that no team wants him really, because he isent very interested in F1.

by, by Kimi!!!

ladyinred said:
;) Lets respect the wish of Kimi, he is better and more happy in Ralley and also think that no team wants him really, because he isent very interested in F1.

by, by Kimi!!!

Oh! Don’t cry or say bye yet. We’re talking here about Mr. Räikkönen; he enjoys getting everybody surprised every now and then. I would wait till the first race next season to be sure.

And where did you get the idea of no F1 team interested in him? :thinking: That’s not what Citroën’s boss say, and rally people don’t lie. :nah:

Sergio Perez has signed up for Sauber and will be racing alongside Kobayashi next season.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87193

The 20-year-old, who finished in second place in this year's GP2 championship, will become the first Mexican Formula 1 driver since Hector Alonso Rebaque, who competed in grand prix racing from 1977 to 1981.

The Swiss squad also announced a partnership with Telmex, the Mexican telecommunications giant owned by Carlos Slim.

The company's logos will appear on the Swiss car starting from next year.

Well, that's Sauber's budget for 2011 sorted. Slim doesn't mess around - a Mexican version of Force India could be running out of Hinwil within 3 years.

Perez I think is talented but has been inconsistent and perhaps a bit of a rough diamond. He wasn't far behind Alguersuari when the Spaniard won the British F3 title. Not going to be as good as Heidfeld would have been, of course, but then having Nick on the team doesn't pay the wages... :disappointed:

With the global financial climate being what it is and with the number of teams on the grid just looking to survive from race to race it's no shock that we are seeing a rise in the number of pay to race drivers.

I can't really see Webber walking away at the end of the seaso.
In June 2010, Red Bull Racing announced that Webber had signed a one-year extension to his contract, meaning that he will remain with the team for the 2011 season.

F1Yorkshire said:
Looks like the Kimi to Renault debate has finally come to a conclusion.

"It's 100% certain I will not drive for Renault in 2011,"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 065307.stm

So no French drive for Kimi but is there an opening in any of the other teams? The only likely spot would be if Webber leaves Red Bull at the end of the season.

There’s something strange in the air.

There have been rumours in the WRC for a while now telling Citroën has offered Räikkönen a contract for next year, regardless of Red Bull money. This rumour was pretty much confirmed by Nogier (Citroën Junior Team boss) last weekend. Kimi has not signed yet, though. Why? No idea.

Also last week, the Finnish TV interviewed Quesnel (Citroën boss) and he said that “he knew Räikkönen wanted to rally but F1 wanted him back”.

Quesnel was not talking about Renault. Räikkönen’s people had already been sending signals to everybody about Kimi not interested in Renault. And rally people acknowledged that. Who was Quesnel talking about? No idea.

Also last weekend, Anthony Peacock (Red Bull PR person for WRC) told the World Rally Radio that Kimi has a couple of offers from F1 and a couple from WRC, and that Kimi will have to make a decision soon. Which F1 teams have made offers? No idea. Why does Red Bull know about it? No idea.

From all that, as a silly season fan, I read that there’s at least one driver in a top team whose seat is not as sure as everybody thinks. :D

laFrau said:
There’s something strange in the air.

There have been rumours in the WRC for a while now telling Citroën has offered Räikkönen a contract for next year, regardless of Red Bull money. This rumour was pretty much confirmed by Nogier (Citroën Junior Team boss) last weekend. Kimi has not signed yet, though. Why? No idea.

Also last week, the Finnish TV interviewed Quesnel (Citroën boss) and he said that “he knew Räikkönen wanted to rally but F1 wanted him back”.

Quesnel was not talking about Renault. Räikkönen’s people had already been sending signals to everybody about Kimi not interested in Renault. And rally people acknowledged that. Who was Quesnel talking about? No idea.

Also last weekend, Anthony Peacock (Red Bull PR person for WRC) told the World Rally Radio that Kimi has a couple of offers from F1 and a couple from WRC, and that Kimi will have to make a decision soon. Which F1 teams have made offers? No idea. Why does Red Bull know about it? No idea.

From all that, as a silly season fan, I read that there’s at least one driver in a top team whose seat is not as sure as everybody thinks. :D

I would say that the person in question is not bad for a number 2 driver.

So, Mark wins the WDC and asks for some more cash for next year; Red Bull use this to get rid of him and take Raikkonen instead?

chreden said:
So, Mark wins the WDC and asks for some more cash for next year; Red Bull use this to get rid of him and take Raikkonen instead?
ROFL

Kimi wants more money than Webber and he don't love to speak with nobody. Kimi never will come back to ferrari either to Formula one.

ladyinred said:
chreden said:
ROFL

Kimi wants more money than Webber and he don't love to speak with nobody. Kimi never will come back to ferrari either to Formula one.

Well, I didn't mean to say that RBR would have an issue with paying more for a driver - just that they might consider Raikkonen the more favourable option whether he costs more or not. But once again I have strayed into the world of speculation with little to no factual basis. I should do that less LOL.

Raikkonen is unlikely to go to Ferrari unless there are some terminally stupid people at Maranello
"I have waited for Felipe with great perseverance in the last four races. I want a strong Massa who will shave points off the rivals. In Singapore he had some bad luck, but he is in good condition to win. Those who race for Ferrari don't race for themselves, but for the Ferrari team colours. One who wants to race for himself will have to face his team." Luca di Montezemolo 1 Oct 2010

"Felipe is and will always stay a number one driver for Ferrari" Luca di Montezemolo 6 Oct 2010

:thinking:

Chad Stewarthill said:
Raikkonen is unlikely to go to Ferrari unless there are some terminally stupid people at Maranello
"I have waited for Felipe with great perseverance in the last four races. I want a strong Massa who will shave points off the rivals. In Singapore he had some bad luck, but he is in good condition to win. Those who race for Ferrari don't race for themselves, but for the Ferrari team colours. One who wants to race for himself will have to face his team." Luca di Montezemolo 1 Oct 2010

"Felipe is and will always stay a number one driver for Ferrari" Luca di Montezemolo 6 Oct 2010

:thinking:

I know they're stupid, but stupid enough to pay someone off then re-sign him. No, surely not!

Back
Top Bottom