2011 Average Race

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
Its done by Classified Finishes, with no qualification for being "unfortuanate" or "deserved" with your retirements or non-retirements!

TBY.jpg

Senna for Renault, eh? Hmm.

Somehow appropriate that the Toro Rosso drivers had the most average averages. I think they'll either ditch both or neither.

Senna joined the team after thier competitive start to the season. Petrov and Heidfeld got podiums when the Renault was arguably the third best car, and possibly the second best over a race distance.

I think what you've proven with these stats TBY is that the championship table tells no lies a couple of up one down one's from the Renault/Toro Roso/Sauber section its pretty much exactly the same.

I have been wondering whether Renault's decline was due, at least in part, to the release of Nick. He had vastly greater car-sorting abilities than his replacement, and the team may have suffered accordingly.

he has? Well his figures are a bit massaged by his win on Sunday which I believe Ninja you thought was a set up anyways.

I'd say Massa and Webber had equally bad seasons
I doubt that exchanging that one win with a 2nd place would make a significant impact on the table. The difference between Vettel and Webber is almost two places (1.56 to 3.33), while the difference between Alonso and Massa is almost three places (3.44 to 6.38). So Massa indeed did a worse job compared to Alonso than Webber did compared to Vettel.

Btw an interesting stat was not since I think Monza 2010
the podium has been filled by the drivers in the top 5 this year and last year...only thing missing is one of them is not a world champion - Webber from the party of 5

Btw an interesting stat was not since I think Monza 2010
the podium has been filled by the drivers in the top 5 this year and last year...only thing missing is one of them is not a world champion - Webber from the party of 5

No, Renault's two podiums this year have been the fly in that particular ointment, which means the 5 amigos of Hamilton, Alonso, Button, Webber and Vettel have locked the podium out since China 2011.

Monza 2011 saw the first time 5 World Champions have finished in the top 5 of a Grand Prix. If LRGP are on the pace next year we could go for 6!

Back
Top Bottom