Football 2011/12 Football Season

MCLS

Anti F1 fan
Valued Member
After the great success of last season's thread, looks like we're on for another one this season. Now that the Carling Cup draw has been made and the fixtures are announced for the coming season, we can start to look forward (or not in some cases) to August 6th (or later depending on the league. So what are you expecting your team to do this season? As a Preston fan there is only one goal this season, get out of League 1 as soon as possible, anything other than that is a faliure in my book, but it is going to be VERY hard. After last seasons embarrasment I'm confident it can't be worse than that. Things can only get better.

Well from a Newcastle Fan I would say news has been pretty rubbish so here is my breakdown.

We start the season at home to the gooners so memories of cheike tiote's 89th minute equaliser in the 8 goal classic comes to mind.

Well we are promised by Mike Ashley (cashley) that we will be building a squad and spending much of the cash cow we have saved up. But it baffles me that it seems to be net spending, bring in a player and sell a player. Selling Nolan to me was beyond comprehension even taking that Barton and Nolan wanted 4 or 5 year options it makes them 33 and 32 respectively which is not old in any sense so as to make it unjustifiable.

Please retain Enrique, Jonas Guttierez and Joey Barton they are core players.

We have signed Yohann Cabaye and on the verge of signing Demba Ba....we are also linked with Parker and Craig Gardener as well as a St Ettiene star that is being chased by many elite clubs in europe but whom I cannot remember the name. We are also linked with Mevlut Erding of PSG and rumoured to be after Toulouse fullback want to be centre half also named Tiote.

My take on the market thus far Man U splashing out on over priced English players seems a bit of a waste if your benchmark is Barcelona, hate to break it to you Sir Alex Phil Jones and Ashley Young are neither of Iniesta, Xavi, Bousquets, Messi, Pedro, Villa or Bojan Krasic.

Chelsea after a list of players but Modric is the latest of Arry's over valuated would be want aways, 30m is madness for a player with 15 months of contract left.

Arsenal close to signing Gervinho of Lille as a big target man up front, hopefully for their sake not another Adebayor.

The season hasn't stated yet but already i wish people would stop saying who will be and how to be the next barce (no shots at sarinaide, you're not). People should be thinking about how to beat them and the style of football that comes after the current barce style.

And I'd just like to say as well Barcelona are successful because of the players not just the style of play.

But they are also good because they have 4 odd genuine world class players that can allow them to play like that, and they may add Cesc too.

Arsenal close to signing Gervinho of Lille as a big target man up front, hopefully for their sake not another Adebayor.

I thought Gervinho was a more creative player and almost a winger, in other words nothing like a target man (although, of course a target man can be creative and aren't all 6+ foot atll and head the ball alot)
If Wenger is going to use him as a target man it could end badly.

I thought Gervinho was a more creative player and almost a winger, in other words nothing like a target man (although, of course a target man can be creative and aren't all 6+ foot atll and head the ball alot)
If Wenger is going to use him as a target man it could end badly.

I was told he was a striker, to be honest I don't really know him so I just know as we were after him too.

Arsenal actually need a Carrolesque forward, when I watched the Spuds/Gooners game to see how inept Arsenal are from indirect set plays and general crossing.

Looks like its going to be André Villas-Boas to be Chelsea manager.

He's 33. He's Porto manager. He's just gone the Portuguese league season unbeaten.

Can we not have the Mourinho comparisons?

He's 33. He's Porto manager. He's just gone the Portuguese league season unbeaten.

13 million compensation, something tells me the big problem at Chelsea is the owner. Aging team and sacking managers doesn't deliver titles.

13 million compensation, something tells me the big problem at Chelsea is the owner. Aging team and sacking managers doesn't deliver titles.

Yes, but it is an unusually enterprising move for Chelsea if they do bring in AVB. You'd normally expect an aging manager [Ancelotti, Hiddink] who's already won the Champions League. Someone needs to clear out and replace at Chelsea if they're to compete with United and City [and maybe Arsenal if they get a grip].

Yes, but it is an unusually enterprising move for Chelsea if they do bring in AVB. You'd normally expect an aging manager [Ancelotti, Hiddink] who's already won the Champions League. Someone needs to clear out and replace at Chelsea if they're to compete with United and City [and maybe Arsenal if they get a grip].

Massive clear out is needed, Lampard and Terry are past their sell by dates, Essien is a season long injury case, Mikel is well Mikel and the rest of the cast is not what is needed to be genuinely good.

Arsenal, their issue is ineptitude in set plays, and square balls. If arsenal score of an indirect free kick, corner or cross it is a miracle, it is the issue with arsenal and why they are one dimensional.

Man city anyone?

Liverpool *cough*

So far only 1 major change for Leeds, We've kept Grayson in charge but it looks like we're losing Schmicheal to Leicester for a paltry 1.5m :(

Well some of the players are older than him, and getting respect from drogba will be hard!

But to the mighty reds of course i mean the champ19ns not that scouse team! I don't see the need for Ashley young but I have hopes for Smalling and Jones partneship, the next Ferdinand and Vidic i believe and get in snejider or somebody like that.

Back
Top Bottom