2010 Most Chumpiest Performance

Which is the Chumpiest Performance of the Year?

• BAHRAIN - Mark Webber

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AUSTRALIA - Mark Webber

• SPAIN - Jaime Alguersuari

• MONACO - Jarno Trulli

• TURKEY - Sebastian Vettel

• GERMANY - Sebastian Vettel

• HUNGARY - Michael Schumacher

• ITALY - Lewis Hamilton

• SINGAPORE - Mark Webber

• JAPAN - Felipe Massa

• KOREA - Adrian Sutil

• ABU DHABI - Fernando Alonso

• Total voters

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
So, which of our 19 Chump performances was the most egregious?

I'm going for the large scale disrespect and point-costing recklessness of Schumacher in Canada!

Simples! ;)

article-0-09D244B6000005DC-11_306x423.jpg

I've had to go with Schumie in Canada, for treating it like a destruction derby and forgetting the point of chicanes. I did find it amusing that he had his times in the recent Pirelli tyre tests wiped for cutting a chicane in Abu Dhabi, plus ca change etc.

Scumacher's attempt on Barrichello went beyond chumpery, and was altogether more nasty.

You can't get more chumpish than to take out your own teammate and/or yourself with him, so I have to go for Vettel at Turkey.

I thought it was Webber at Australia. Just an extremely sloppy race, and it was pretty much a shining example of why the guy was not World Championship material this year.

Michael Schumacher for trying to turn run Rubens Barrichello into part of the front-straight pitwall into the front-straight pitwall at the Hungaroring.......... >:(

Wow all you Schumi haters, give the guy a break.

Here we have someone who naturally gets into these situations because he's a true racer at heart. So it is obvious we will see a level of aggression that we won't see anywhere else, especially with the ratty Mercedes he had. What the hell has Barrichello ever accomplished in his life except for being a whiner complaining about all kinds of rubbish. Incident with Schumi, being treated as a second in Ferrari.. what's next? I bet whatever it may be, it won't be because he's a good racer and all that, but it will be another whiney reason for him to get more sympathy votes.

As far as I'm concerned, Schumi should've pushed him straight into the barrier and given him permanent sympathy which is what Barrichello is ultimately looking for anyways.

OK, maybe that was a little bit harsh. :snigger:

Desmond said:
Wow all you Schumi haters, give the guy a break.

Here we have someone who naturally gets into these situations because he's a true racer at heart. So it is obvious we will see a level of aggression that we won't see anywhere else, especially with the ratty Mercedes he had. What the hell has Barrichello ever accomplished in his life except for being a whiner complaining about all kinds of rubbish. Incident with Schumi, being treated as a second in Ferrari.. what's next? I bet whatever it may be, it won't be because he's a good racer and all that, but it will be another whiney reason for him to get more sympathy votes.

No, no, no, no, no. If we are talking about Hungary, we have someone so determined to keep 10th place that he risked the life of a fellow driver. That is not acceptable in my book, and nor is deliberately crashing into someone (Jerez 1997 definitely, Adelaide 1994 arguably).

It doesn't matter whether Barrichello has achieved nothing to this scenario, and it does not matter that he was treated as a second driver for Ferrari (and don't tell me he wasn't). No-one gets naturally into these situations, they have to deliberately cause them and I'm afraid what he did in Hungary was wrong.

In addition, his performance in Canada was the chumpiest performance since Felipe Massa at Silverstone in 2008.

Back
Top Bottom