• Timo Glock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lucas di Grassi

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
Not a lot to choose from this weekend, apart from the obvious, surely?

Is Lewis Hamilton going to win his first Chump of the Weekend?

Sakon Yamamoto is a possible contender for knocking over one of the HRT mechanics in the pit lane.

Hamilton without a doubt.

Way too impatient and this 3rd DNF of the season could be one too many.

His car had a superior straight line speed advantage over the 2 Ferraris and Button so all he had to do was bide his time and he would have been in the mix, if not leading after a few laps.

Stupid, impetuous, unnecessary mistake.

I'd like to see a replay of the Hamilton incident again.

I try not to seem like a fanboy in most cases but I'm not entirely sure Massa was blameless.

I guess in the end it was a chumpish move but hey, you win some you lose some.

For me the Chump of the Weekend was Sakon Yamamoto. He tried to kill someone today, the guy is a liability.

It was Hamilton, hands down. A display of impatience that may well have cost him the championship.

I would also have liked to cast a vote for the stewards of the race for not penalizing "the Hulk" for his repeated cutting of the chicanes while blocking Webber.

He's got a lot of votes on the other poll, but this week for a Championship-binning act of utter stupidity in a much better position that he had any right to expect to be in, and for getting the set-up wrong as his team-mate came very close to winning the race, Lewis Hamilton.

teabagyokel said:
He's got a lot of votes on the other poll, but this week for a Championship-binning act of utter stupidity in a much better position that he had any right to expect to be in, and for getting the set-up wrong as his team-mate came very close to winning the race, Lewis Hamilton.

Yes, we know now that he got the setup wrong after 1 lap of racing, huh?

He had a big straight line advantage. If he'd made it through the opening few he could've been in the top 3 easily. Would it have been the wrong decision then? Probably not.

Utter stupidity? Bit harsh. It was clumsy.

And championship binning? Are you for real? This has been a topsy turvy season and not even with your crystal ball can we predict what will happen next.

It was fairly stupid going wheel to wheel with Massa like that.

Massa had nothing to lose, he's already been ruled out of the WDC by Ferrari so he doesn't care if he gets taken out in a collision.

Hamilton has already fully accepted the blame for it and conceded that it could severely impact his title ambitions.

"It was clearly a mistake by myself, one of those things that happens when you're racing and you're pushing hard,"

"I was trying to position the car in a certain way and I was too close to Massa and he clipped my wheel and damaged the car. Nothing I could do."

"It's not over, but it's days like this, and mistakes like I made today, that lose you world championships," said Hamilton. "I only have myself to blame."

Brogan said:
Hamilton has already fully accepted the blame for it and conceded that it could severely impact his title ambitions.

"It was clearly a mistake by myself, one of those things that happens when you're racing and you're pushing hard,
"I was trying to position the car in a certain way and I was too close to Massa and he clipped my wheel and damaged the car. Nothing I could do.
"It's not over, but it's days like this, and mistakes like I made today, that lose you world championships," said Hamilton. "I only have myself to blame."

At least he knows why I've voted for him for chump, jst unlucky I think, could have come away with just a brush to the sidepod but it makes the rest of the season a hum dinger :D

Hamilton did throw away a good chance to extend his lead in the championship, he was unlucky to be taken out but he should never have put himself in that position, Yamamoto is my chump though, engineers may get a foot ran over from time to time but actually driving off while the guy is in the car with you is pure chumpery.

Have any video's popped up of the incident yet?

According to Ted Kravitz, Yamamoto's radio mechanic was fiddling with something behind the driver's head, so maybe it's a bit harsh to accuse him of 'trying to kill someone'. Maybe his lollipop man had a part to play as well.

No, much as it pains me as a Hamilton fan, my vote has to go to Lewis this weekend for one overtaking attempt too far, so early in the race. I agree with enja, I am not at all sure his set-up was a mistake; with the straight line speed of his car he could easily have taken Massa at some point in the race, maybe one or both of the front two as well; which actually only increases the chumpishness of his move at Variante della Roggia.

Enja said:
teabagyokel said:

Yes, we know now that he got the setup wrong after 1 lap of racing, huh?

He had a big straight line advantage. If he'd made it through the opening few he could've been in the top 3 easily. Would it have been the wrong decision then? Probably not.

Utter stupidity? Bit harsh. It was clumsy.

And championship binning? Are you for real? This has been a topsy turvy season and not even with your crystal ball can we predict what will happen next.

Just ask yourself what would the response be if Sebastien Vettel was in the car that unnecessarily and stupidly tangled with Felipe Massa. And we know he got the set-up wrong because he said he got the set-up wrong.

And, yes, I believe it was a Championship binning moment, because I believe that Red Bull will now be faster than McLaren at all remaining circuits, and I do not believe that Hamilton can gain on Webber in the WDC over those 5 races.

Sakon Yamamoto? He's not the Chump for being released wrongly by HRT's lollipop numpty.

seems ironic, but both my chump and champ of the week come from the same team. Vettel would have been proud of that desperate lunge by Hamilton, which is not something I expected from a WDC with a few seasons under his belt now.

Unfortunately for me as a Hamilton fan, I'm gonna have to nominate him for the Chump award this race. Not that I think his error was that bad in isolation, but in a pretty much chumpless weekend he made a costly mistake. In any other weekend it would barely have raised a blip on the Chumpometer......

I was going to go for Hamilton as he was a bit "over eager" on the first lap but for general chumpiness I've gone for Hulkenberg for his poor race craft throughout the event. Why the stewards didn't make him cede his place to Webber is still confusing me.

I'm another of those voting for Hamilton. For me his first two real mistakes of the season, (probably) getting the set up wrong and then letting the pressure get to him and making a move I would have expected to see two or three seasons ago, not this one. He has been very strong in all his other races and he still is my driver of the season so far - but today was a hot headed move. What a way to ruin a GP for all of your fans too :disappointed:

Back
Top Bottom