• Bruno Senna

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pedro de la Rosa

• Lucas di Grassi

• Total voters
Brogan said:
Anyway, at the end of the day it's all personal opinion so there is no right or wrong vote :thumbsup:

Until we add them all up and the winners are those who voted for the winner. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Except they're anonymous. So not even a virtual Rich Tea! :(

Seriously, I would not want to dissuade anyone from having their own opinion, it is a forum after all!

There were a number of outstanding this weekend in the race Webber's stint before pitting after the saftey car period, Kobayashi's stirling drive from 23rd to 9th, Vettel's astonishing early race pace and even more impressive pole, Alonso & Hamilton again wringing the neck of their cars particualy in quali and it has to be said so did Rosberg.

Hulkenberg had a fantastic weekend and just in front of him was Petrov that if you'd have asked me yesterday would have been top of my voting list, but having had a little time to reflect i have as usual gone for an entirely different vote. Given that he beat his teamate in every session and only missed out on the interteam fastest lap by 0.060 sec, and more importantly for picking up his first points of the season my vote goes to the much overlooked Pedro De La Rosa

Petrov, been under a lot of pressure....just did what he needed to do today, get some points especially after what happened with Kubica........

As far as the race went, I'd be tempted to go for either of the two Williams drivers; Hulkenberg for a good points finish and a solid defence under sustained verbal attack from EJ, or Barrichello for standing up to his former nemesis to deny him the last championship point.

But for the weekend as a whole, my vote has to go to Vitaly Petrov for outqualifying his teammate for the first time then cementing that performance with an excellent 5th place finish.

rufus_mcdufus said:
...but I reckon Hamilton outperformed his car by some margin (til it conked out).
I think you're right, but have chosen Petrov for finally getting a result..

Certainly a few drivers up for this accolade. Webber for his stunning pace on soft tyres to get enough of a gap; Alonso for splitting the Red Bulls; Vettel for his qualy lap and a great start to the race (chumpness to be discussed in the relevant thread); Hamilton for massively outperforming his car and could have had a podium; Hulkenberg for scoring his highest placing of the season; PDLR for his frist points; or Koby for a great drive from the back of the grid.

However, I feel that Petrov shades it for outqualifying and only being beaten by the Red Bulls and the Ferraris, although he should have been a lot more vigilant towards Hamilton. Apart from that he had an excellent weekend.

For me, it was between Webber and Petrov. everyones already stated the reasons why both drivers, but Petrov edges it for me, but only just.

Have to admit that I am impressed with the well thought out and reasoned replies to this topic.

Back
Top Bottom