Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lucas di Grassi

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
You know the score.
Who impressed overall during the whole weekend?

Quite a few possibilities this weekend, too many to choose from perhaps?

Place your bets.

I've gone for Webber, his sequence of super fast laps to build enough of a gap to stop for tyres and then come out still leading was simply sublime.

I have gone for Webber for the reasons mentioned above. I thought Petrov also did a great job, as did Kobyashi, passing a horde of drivers on the first lap!

Mark Webber was good, going a long way on the option tyre, but I've voted for Petrov - he has needed to start putting in decent performances to justify his Renault seat and today was just the job. :)

I too have gone for Petrov. Beat his teammate in qualifying, and was ahead in the race, beaten only by the 4 cars that were miles ahead of everyone else. A good job well done.

I thought about Webber, did some great laps, but then, his and Vettel's cars had best part of a second a lap on the competition.

I pondered Kobayashi, major forward move during the race, but then, pants qualifying.

I wanted to give it to Rubens, great push into the points, but then it was good solid driving that did it, coupled with good sensible tactics that have been tried this season.

I can't believe I'm doing this! I've gone for Alonso - He split the Red Bulls on the first corner, He actually threatened Webber for the lead, he kept Vettel (comfortably) at bay for half the race, I don't think that car could have done any more....

I hope Alonso sorts himself out, at this rate I'll be voting Eddie Jordan as Mr Tall Dark and Handsome!

Wee Scot said:
Webber, hands down!

Hamilton ate Petrov for lunch...

Yeah, maybe you're right, but I feel he had a solid weekend that exceeded expectations. To qualify .5 seconds behind your team-mate rarely makes a Driver of the Weekend, in my opinion.

teabagyokel said:
Wee Scot said:
Webber, hands down!

Hamilton ate Petrov for lunch...

Yeah, maybe you're right, but I feel he had a solid weekend that exceeded expectations. To qualify .5 seconds behind your team-mate rarely makes a Driver of the Weekend, in my opinion.
I see your point about Webber being outclassed by Vettel's alien pole lap, but what Mark did on the supersofts, especially the last 10 or 12 laps when he HAD to keep pushing to open up the gap he needed to retain the lead after his stop, was nothing short of brilliant!

Petrov this weekend out-qualified, out-scored and out-fastest lapped his teammate.

The first time this season he has done several of those, never mind a clean sweep.

Brogan said:
Petrov this weekend out-qualified, out-scored and out-fastest lapped his teammate.

The first time this season he has done several of those, never mind a clean sweep.
That's nice, but all that means is that he's now deserving of his Superlicense. I don't see how anyone can see his performance as above all others, since Kubica had already shown the Renault to be capable of PODIUM finishes.

Problem is Wee Scot, with no testing the drivers don't develop their skills. Buemi and Alguwatisface weren't exactly sparkling at Toro Rosso last season but this season both have become competent drivers. I'm not saying Petrov is "the real deal" but I think it's a bit harsh to think he should be matching a driver as experienced as Kubica after only 10 races. Judging by all the rumours I doubt we will get to see if he gets any better next year though.

These polls are always subjective.

Why is Mark deserving of it? He has the best car on the grid after all so you could argue he's expected to get 1st or 2nd every week.
Same goes for Seb V.

Again the Ferrari is 2nd best on the grid so we would expect them to be right up there.

What about Hamilton?
He got through to Q1 when his teammate didn't.
Until his gearbox failed he was on for a 2nd/3rd whereas Button would have finished down in 9th.
Surely that shows he did a better job of it than Button did this weekend?

Brogan said:
These polls are always subjective.

Why is Mark deserving of it? He has the best car on the grid after all so you could argue he's expected to get 1st or 2nd every week.
Same goes for Seb V.

Again the Ferrari is 2nd best on the grid so we would expect them to be right up there.

What about Hamilton?
He got through to Q1 when his teammate didn't.
Until his gearbox failed he was on for a 2nd/3rd whereas Button would have finished down in 9th.
Surely that shows he did a better job of it than Button did this weekend?
Yes, I MIGHT have voted for Hamilton! But first I would have had to change my avatar to avoid getting flamed as a Fanboy! I really think Webber deserves it for driving flawlessly and brilliantly under the most EXTREME pressure.

Wee Scot said:
Yes, I MIGHT have voted for Hamilton! But first I would have had to change my avatar to avoid getting flamed as a Fanboy! I really think Webber deserves it for driving flawlessly and brilliantly under the most EXTREME pressure.
The votes are anonymous so need to worry :D

Anyway, at the end of the day it's all personal opinion so there is no right or wrong vote :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom