Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kamui Kobayashi

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff Member
Valued Member
Well there surely has to be one name that clearly will feature in our post race hall of shame and that is 7 time world champion, Michael Schumacher. If he managed to actually stay on the track during each lap it was normally only by virtue of bouncing off of a fellow competitor. A weekend he'll wish to forget and in a hurry. Is there any doubt left that his return was not the greatest of moves?

Other names that you may wish to consider are Massa who used Liuzzi as an apex at the first corner, was fined for pit lane speeding and generally had as bad a weekend as his team mate had a good one.

Kobyashi, who continues to show how he qualified with first class honours from the Andrea De Cesaris school of motor racing, only managed to qualify ahead of the Lotus of Kovi by 2 tenths of a second and once again managed to bin the car within the opening laps.

Nico Hulkenberg also had a race to forget in the Williams, driving as if he'd completely forgotten how to be an F1 driver for the bulk of the race.

So who gets your pick for Chump of the weekend and why?

Kobayashi was the only guy to firmly plant himself in the "Wall of Champions". However even though he appeared to imbed himself, he was able to drive off with nothing more than an injured wing. Proof if proof were needed that he will never be a real champion.

Michael Schumacher avoided contact with the WoC entirely and instead collided with everything else, thus proving conclusively that he has lost his Champion status. He also appeared to move the boundaries of chumpdom, and begin appending a new and sinister chapter into his life of crime... The Hitman of Montreal. :goodday:

There is no doubt whatsoever who deserves this award. For his colliding with faster cars so as to not get overtaken, attempting to introduce Felipe Massa to the armco (unpunished!) and for his favourite tactic of cutting chicanes when there is a car behind him, it cannot be anyone other than the total idiot that is Michael Schumacher. Especially since he qualified in 13th and made a pitstop after punting Kubica off which cost him the race, and was worse on tyres than everyone else!

Schumacher for me too.

Yes there were quite a few dreadful performances as you've listed c_a_t but Schumacher is a 7 times WDC and the car has been changed to accommodate his driving style yet he was still comprehensively beaten by Nico all weekend.

A couple of his moves were just spiteful and I'm sure it cemented a lot of peoples opinion about him.

A few drivers in contention for this one, some purely for thinking that just because there seemed to be a gap on one side of Schumis car that meant it was OK to try and pass him. Silly boys. Special mention for Kubicas pretty dangerous swipe across the front of Sutil going into the pits and for Kobayashi making a case for the renaming of that section of the barrier as the Wall of Chumpions. Vitaly Petrov came very close to being my choice, god knows what he was doing at the start but if I was him I wouldn't expect a card from De La Rosa this crimbo; he also has the dubious honour of being beaten by one of the new teams not quite on pace but as close to it's been this season, not a good day at the office.

Hands down winner though has to be Herr Schumacher, if only he'd parked it across the chicane at some point it would have been like a rogues gallery retrospective of his entire career (including the getting off scot free part). Cynical, arrogant and downright illegal, it just goes to show that the leopard doesn't change his shorts. His race ended happily (for me anyway) and it's probably the first time I wished we had a medal system so I could give one to Liuzzi for shoving him unceremoniously out of the way and out of the points.

I think it's all been said in the above posts, really. The outstanding candidate for the chump is Wandering Schumacher, so I have voted accordingly. Enjoy your mug of hot chump-olate. :coffee:

I also think Schumacher was the worst. He did a bad race and, at the same time tried to ruin anybody else’s race.

Petrov had a bad day too. 2 drive-through penalties in just one race…

As Matin Brundle said if he wasn't Micheal Schumacher we'd be saying he was ready for F1 yet and he gets my vote although i was really tempted to give it Petrov for an astonishing rookie performance and vettel for acting like a girl in the post race interviews.

CaT, have you given the option to change your vote? I haven't watched the race yet, having been stuck down a jam butty mine all Sunday night, and was going to go with my default option of Jenson Button until I had watched it :D

FB said:
CaT, have you given the option to change your vote? I haven't watched the race yet, having been stuck down a jam butty mine all Sunday night, and was going to go with my default option of Jenson Button until I had watched it :D
LOL

Yes, you can change your vote.

And what's a "jam butty mine", or shouldn't I ask? :unsure:

Massa gets my vote for messing up a very fiery performance by constantly getting into mishaps.

Although I am not a Schumacher fan, I don't have the visceral hatred of him that so permeates so many peoples opinions. MS was not completely at fault in all of his contretemps as some are quick to imply.

Chump of the Weekend...............Michael Schumacher. When he wasn't bouncing off the concrete/armco canyons of Gilles Villeneuve, he was bouncing off of everybody else. That's reason enough to earn him Chump of the Weekend honors.............. :o :o :o

Maybe he should, to use a political term, "pull a Palin" and go race sportscars.............

What's a jam butty mine? WHAT'S A JAM BUTTY MINE? You bunch of uncultured slobs.

The jam butty mines are where the Diddy Men work in Knotty Ash. Last night I had the pleasure of meeting the foreman of the Diddy Men, Dickie Mint. Follow this Chucklebutty link if you dare...

Diddy? Doddy :snigger:

Anyway, Jenson it is until I've watched the race.

That explains why I don't know them, FB, they were on TV the year I was born.

Mine had to be Schumi. If ever there was a race to make him question whether he was fit to be in a racing car, it was Montreal. Outperformed all season by his team mate, this was the climax of why he should hang up his helmet and racing overalls and pull on his cardi and slippers and sit in a rocking chair by the fire. You can blame a poor car on being beaten by other teams, but not on being beaten by your team mate!

How could it be anyone else? Schumie had a stinker and his reputation is getting a tanning. Shame, I didn't enjoy the years Schumie won everything but I did respect his ability and skill, that is starting to fade.

Nearly went for Massa, but Petrov has to get it for me for spearing across the track at the start and getting 2 (?) drive through penalties..

Back
Top Bottom