Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lucas di Grassi

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
It's that time again.
Who impressed overall during the whole weekend; practice, qualifying and race?

A couple of names obviously stand out but as always, please accompany your vote with your reasoning.

Although I'm not as fanatical about him as some and don't often vote for him, it has to be Hamilton for me. A very measured race, albeit for that brief excursion to the gravel when the team kept him out on slicks.

fat_jez said:
Although I'm not as fanatical about him as some and don't often vote for him, it has to be Hamilton for me. A very measured race, albeit for that brief excursion to the gravel when the team kept him out on slicks.
^Yeah, that^

I vote for Schumacher, up fifteen places and a great tyre choice from Mercedes. Petrov also came close with that move on Sutil and high quali change. Hamilton also was looking good until his near-miss.

I cannot go for Hamilton, as he was lucky to escape the gravel at Rivage. Nor can I go for Webber due to his terrible start, although he recovered well.

Massa is tempting because he beat his teammate, despite team preferences.

But my vote goes to Schumacher, for keeping his nose clean and showing that he still knows how to race in the rain.

siffert_fan said:
Nor can I go for Webber due to his terrible start, although he recovered well.
According to Webber he had a similar problem during the parade lap so they adjusted the clutch but it made it worse.
Whether that's true or not, who knows.

Im going for Schumacher, a measured race and didnt put the opposition in the wall, coulda had a podium if it wasnt for the grid drop

I voted for Hamilton based on qualification as well as the race. I feel his qualification performance was excellent. Webber would be my second choice for similar reasons.

I went for Hamilton.He drove a very controlled race and never lost his head.He did have an off its true, but still gets my vote.
Massa deserves a mention.But several drivers put in excellent performances.

Much as I hate myself for it, I've voted for Schumacher. An outstanding drive to come from 21st to 7th and all without any dodgy moves.

There were several phenomenal drives but I'm going against the grain. My vote is for Jensen Button's excellent drive and for his grace under pressure with his race destroyed and his season damaged.

I would struggle to vote for Button considering he was beaten by his teammate in both qualifying and the race, his race-ending collision with Vettel notwithstanding.

I think Schumacher's race (like Rosberg's) was good, but flattered a little by a good team decision to stay out longer than anyone, gaining a 'free' pit stop.

And Massa was, for me, steady but uninspiring, starting 6th and finishing 4th but never really making an impact on the race (he was essentially given those two places as a gift from Vettel).

The driver of the whole weekend was unquestionably Lewis Hamilton. Especially when you consider where the car's performance was at Hungary, to be close to the top through free practice and qualifying, beating his teammate quite easily in every session, then topping it off with that race performance, was quite superb.
Ok, he made one mistake at Rivage, but what about the mistakes others made? Barrichello took himself out and very nearly Alonso too; Alonso later took himself out anyway; Vettel recklessly took Button out, took Liuzzi's wing off and lost himself any chance of points; Webber lost five places off the start, after which he could be considered a little lucky to be on the podium; and Kubica lost himself a place in the pits. And how many places did Lewis lose through his excursion into the Rivage gravel trap? None.
And was he really so lucky to escape? Or was there a measure of skill employed in missing (just, admittedly - phew!) the tyre wall and keeping enough forward momentum to get out of the gravel and back onto the track without losing his lead? Not to mention having built up such a big lead in the first place.

No, I think it would be churlish to give the award to anyone else on this weekend. He finally has the Spa victory that he deserves; here's to many more. :1st:

Chad Stewarthill said:
The driver of the whole weekend was unquestionably Lewis Hamilton. Especially when you consider where the car's performance was at Hungary, to be close to the top through free practice and qualifying, beating his teammate quite easily in every session, then topping it off with that race performance, was quite superb. Ok, he made one mistake at Rivage, but what about the mistakes others made?

I agree. With regards to Hamilton's mistake, I consider the fact that he survived the mistake a good indicator of how well he's driving. He avoided grounding himself in the gravel (ie. keeping a level head) and he had built up and kept such a good lead that he was able to rejoin the track in front.

I went with Kubica, I think his drive needs a mention. But I agree that Ham had a very good race. I thoght he had thrown it away when he went off.

Hamilton was imperious all weekend, and if so many others hadn't voted for him, I might well of. He was fantastic apart from his little off.

Its because of that (and the fact that my chosen driver has no votes) that I am instead voting for someone else.

This driver has been excellent all season, he has quietly gone about his business without drawing attention to himself, and has been improving without anyone really noticing. This is shown by his results, and is currently ahead of Schumacher, in what must be considered as generally a worse car.

This weekend he was excellent in practise and qualifying, he has driven a race through the midfield, avoiding all the troubles coming down on others, and has finished in a very respectable 5th position.

As such my vote goes to Adrian Sutil. Well done sir! :goodday:

I'm sorry, but I can't believe how many people are voting for Schumacher.

Ok, he passed fifteen cars today.

Five of those were the new teams; that leaves ten.
Four of them were retirees, that leaves six.
Two more were Hulkenberg and Kobayashi, who both went backwards through their own mistakes, that leaves four.
Consider that he was driving a Mercedes, and add the fact that the team strategy of staying out on the original set of tyres gained a few places, I can't see why his own performance would be considered anything but ordinary.

Back
Top Bottom