Pre-Season Winter testing : 2014 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank Heaven he has the right expression!

The drivers are the 'front end'. The guys who actually spend 16 hours a day for months creating something that 'fits the bill' won't be best impressed with such a departure!

Whereas I am a great champion of drivers, I am now beginning to understand what the rest of the team do to 'give the drivers a chance'

And a side view of the Mercedes, before the crash
_72567618_020816470-1.jpg

Is it just me, or does the front of the Mercedes in that shot bear more than a passing resemblance to Jar Jar Binks?

After some rain overnight today had been allocated as wet tyre testing day. The track will be kept wet during the day artificially if necessary. This was originally planned for Friday.

I'm serious...

Ted's Note Book on Sky F1 was interesting, we got to see three cars going round...

From Andrew Benson. I wasn't aware of the fire yesterday, difficult start for Red Bull:

"Among the teams with a lot on their plate on this second day of the test are world champions Red Bull. Sebastian Vettel got out for only three exploratory laps on Tuesday and when he returned to the pits the back of the car was on fire. Design chief Adrian Newey was on Tuesday bemoaning the loss of several ways in which they gained performance over the last few years - including the banning of exhaust-blow rear aerodynamics, at which they were particularly adept, and the requirement now to put the batteries for the hybrid systems on the front of the engine. Red Bull found a performance gain in putting them in the gearbox bellhousing from 2011-13"

Vettel still hasn't completed a timed lap.

Last edited:
I am sufficiently bouyant to see Jenson putting in some decent mixed-condition laps in the new McLaren (which I still think is one of the better-looking designs this year):thumbsup: - some interesting details emerging about the rear aero too. Still not sure what to think about the appointment of Eric Boullier though...:thinking:

Not too unhappy to hear Red Bull are head-scratching either ;)

(I know it's only testing!)

Button on the Medium tyre 1m24.165 40 laps
Bottas on the Hard 1m23.344 34 laps
Raikkonen on the Medium 1m25.348 31 laps
Rosberg on the Hard 1m25.588 70 laps

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom