Pre-Season Winter testing : 2014 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the Caterham and Torro Rosso wrapped up 200 laps between them today.

It's becoming increasingly clear that the issues affecting Red Bull and Lotus are not just down to the Renault engine alone.

Last edited:
Agreed. Even though Renault have said they are down on power compared to others it's clear a lot Redbull's issues are self inflicted. Not doing my victory dance yet though.

Gearbox troubles for Mercedes this morning means they have had reliability issues during every day of this test. Certainly not plain sailing for them, Williams and Force India have emerged as the most reliable Mercedes teams.

I'm fairly sure my excitement is premature but I would be so happy to see Williams back causing trouble at the front.

Gearbox troubles for Mercedes this morning means they have had reliability issues during every day of this test. Certainly not plain sailing for them, Williams and Force India have emerged as the most reliable Mercedes teams.

How much head scratching would in cause for the casual fan if this season turned into a Hulkenberg/Bottas title fight and all the big names sat in midfield. Bernie would have to do some serious media work.

I'm sure a select few (me included) would love it but I think the majority would be either confused or angry and it would do more damage than Vettel winning all the time.

Is it really a bad thing that unreliability is now becoming an issue? After all, up until 2000 unreliability really was one of the key determinants of world championships. Ironically, it was when the fia stopped teams rebuilding their cars (since the teams believed that if they replaced everything, it would increase reliability) that reliability improved!!!

Bushi sushifiesta Mephistopheles

Red Bull did sign a 5 year deal with Renault I can't remember until when

Honda are suppose to make engines available to other teams from 2016 - minus Mercedes and Ferrari obviously and looking atthe grid the only team who can afford their engines are Red Bull seeing

Red Bull signed a 5 year contract with Renault in 2011. But it can well be that the 5 year deal only started in 2013, cause they already had a 2 year deal signed at the end of 2010.

Is it already known what Honda will ask for their engines?
Saying RB are the only one that can afford Honda engines while Caterham, Torro Rosso and Lotus all have Renault engines, which are the most expensive ones on the market right now, is a bit pretentious.

Lotus calls it a day. Its probably a certainty that they won't see the chequered flag at Melbourne.

...It's becoming increasingly clear that the issues affecting Red Bull and Lotus are not just down to the Renault engine alone.
This photo (from the first day of the second Bahrain session) tells me Newey is being too niggardly with the air flow.

3090uaw.jpg

To see something so slapdash grafted onto on an Adrian Newey car, IMHO, is quite telling.

RBR will be remaining in Bahrain for the first of their filming sessions (two permitted per team per season). I would not be surprised if they held their second filming session between Oz and Malaysia.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom