Votes: 10 21.7%
  • No

Votes: 23 50.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 28.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Hamilton sneezes and it's currently getting discussed in at McLaren on how it's affecting his performance, maybe he should miss a race and get rid of his hayfever...

Nothing sticks to Alonso because he shrugs it off and doesn't let it get to him, he moved from McLaren and rebuilt his reputation quite quickly at Renault, he shrugged off the criticism and drove the best I have ever seen him after Hockenheim to contend for the title, unlike Hamilton he doesn't keep getting into similar incidents and when something negative happens to him he delivers on track, I have not seen that from Hamilton this season, you would have expected him to bounce back after Monaco, he didn't, same with Canada he didn't etc. Etc.

It's not a dig at Hamilton I am comparing two top drivers on how they deal with situations, Alonso has been in big controversies and hes bounced back, Hamilton has been caught up in little incidents this year and hasn't, however I really hope he does...

I've seen Alonso drive some appaling races and make rookie mistakes, and also drive extemely well. he's been in much bigger controvesies than lewis and got away with them. lewis pays hard for trivial incidents.

Please not another Alonso-Hamilton thread...

Personally I think he'll stay, unless Mercedes get their act together there's nowhere to go. Not to mention McLaren have shown a lot of faith in Hamilton with their support in junior years and giving him the 2007 seat when they hadn't taken a rookie in so long.

Please not another Alonso-Hamilton thread...

Personally I think he'll stay, unless Mercedes get their act together there's nowhere to go. Not to mention McLaren have shown a lot of faith in Hamilton with their support in junior years and giving him the 2007 seat when they hadn't taken a rookie in so long.
But mercedes are getting their act together.
Mclaren did show faith in lewis but only because he produced results. Do you think they kept him out of love?
If he hadnt of produced he'd have been dropped like a hot brick.

True. But I'm sure they showed more faith than they'd have liked when putting him in the fastest car that season. Surely they could have afforded to pay for him to join a lower team down the grid, such as Red Bull are currently doing with Ricciardo.

As for Mercedes getting their act together, at best they have stayed the same comparing to last season, you could say they have moved back on the basis that they havn't achieved a podium finish unlike last season but I'm going to put that down to the higher level of consistency that this years top five drivers are showing.

Wow thanks to everyone whose had their say on this subject like many of you i think (actually would LOVE in a better way) i would like Lewis to say at Mclaren and i honestly think judging by the pole count so far that he'll stop there in 2013. After that is another question though for another day in the long term future.

If this question were asked a year ago I'd say no way - but now its got to at least be a maybe.
Looks to me like he's being sidelined by Whitmarsh who only ever seemed to want to talk about Button in post-race interviews even after Hamilton had finished ahead (or won).

It also looks like the relentless negative media (Coulthard was at it again with his premature accusations) has finaly taken its toll as he's a shadow of his normally confident self. His resignful reaction to the whining Massa after what was just an unfortunate 'racing incident' last weekend said it all - "sorry sorry if i hit him - he's a fantastic driver sorry sorry".

Although some of it has been self-inflicted the bottom line is there are some in this country that are so used to having to talk up serial losers such as Bruno, Henman and the England football team that when the real deal like Hamilton comes along they misinterpret self-confidence for arrogance and become hell bent on breaking it. Typical.

If this question were asked a year ago I'd say no way - but now its got to at least be a maybe.
Looks to me like he's being sidelined by Whitmarsh who only ever seemed to want to talk about Button in post-race interviews even after Hamilton had finished ahead (or won).

It also looks like the relentless negative media (Coulthard was at it again with his premature accusations) has finaly taken its toll as he's a shadow of his normally confident self. His resignful reaction to the whining Massa after what was just an unfortunate 'racing incident' last weekend said it all - "sorry sorry if i hit him - he's a fantastic driver sorry sorry".

Although some of it has been self-inflicted the bottom line is there are some in this country that are so used to having to talk up serial losers such as Bruno, Henman and the England football team that when the real deal like Hamilton comes along they misinterpret self-confidence for arrogance and become hell bent on breaking it. Typical.

All so true...........and so sad!

Christ why do people think Whitmarsh is against Hamilton. After the race in Germany all Whitmarsh wanted to talk about was how good Hamilton was, he only ever talks about Button recently because he doesn't like discussing Hamilton's mistakes.

He turns the interview to Jenson whether he's done badly or well. Excusing him if he's done badly and waxing lyrical if he's done well. Ive lost count of the times when asked a question about Lewis he's replied with "Well lets talk about Jenson......blah blah blah. This even when lewis has had a great result.

He turns the interview to Jenson whether he's done badly or well. Excusing him if he's done badly and waxing lyrical if he's done well. Ive lost count of the times when asked a question about Lewis he's replied with "Well lets talk about Jenson......blah blah blah. This even when lewis has had a great result.
That's precisely what I meant racecub. So I'm not the only one who's noticed it.

That's precisely what I meant racecub. So I'm not the only one who's noticed it.
I thought to begin with he was bending over backward to assure jenson it wasnt hamilton's team, and to help him settle in. That doesnt wash now though. The season is nearing its end, jenson is firmly established and well liked at Mclaren....and Whitmarsh has got worse!!

Here in the states there aren't many good road racing circuits, that would offer the challenge to Lewis, that he now currently finds on the F1 tour. Hamilton would become immensely bored with running against F1 hopefuls and rejects in the IRL, and forget about running around in circles at NASCAR.

I'm with Lewy here, its very easy to fall into the trap of thinking Indy is like the US ' F1 but that simply isn't the case. Most of the circuits are ovals and I don't believe they play to Hamilton's last-of-the-late-brakers style at all. Yes the lifestyle might be more ego-stroking but the salaries would be be lower. That said it would be more convenient for Ms Scherzinger should they be wanting to settle down and have a family ... I don't see it (him moving to Indy (or God-forbid NASCAR)) but you never know.

I don't see it (him moving to Indy (or God-forbid NASCAR)) but you never know.

I've stated elsewhere that I would hate to see Lewis racing full-time in the US for at least another decade, but if for some reason he did cross the pond, I would actually prefer to see him in NASCAR.

You'd get to see him race 40+ times in a season and he'd have no problem fitting right in with a series that embraces the motto "Rubbin's Racin" :D

When Lewis is 40 and about to retire from F1, then after winning a few more WDC's, I would like to see him in either the DTM, or banging around in the BTTC.

Maybe, In reality there is only one person who can answer that question.

Weather is 2013 or latter on, presuming he a "full f1 carrer" then it seems alomst an inevitability he will leave McLaren at some point. F1 drivers, infact most drivers/riders in all most motorsports don't tend to stick around with the same team for that long. If there dominant, they look for the next challenge, if there struggling they look for a more competitve car. Even if Hamilton retires at an early acceptable time for a race driver around 32/33 thats 6/7 years.

Theres only 1 driver whom i can think of thats stuck at 1 team that long and thats Schumi. And lets face it that was a special thing going on there, love him or hate him. It was a level of dominance that i don't think we will ever see again. Not in the near future. With F1 drivers carrers starting earlier, average age of champions going down, but sticking around for longer, in an era where Barrichello, Schumacher, Trulli still seem to be holding on, and teams willing to give them drives maybe that will change.

so how about 2013 then? Well i dont think what is going on now is going to make him change team. Its a Media problem he has and not a McLaren one. Its something that is not going to change by going to any other team, RedBull, Ferrari, or even HRT. It is two years though, and thats a long time in F1. The only way i see him swiching teams at the end of his contract is if He feels that Mclaren cannot provide him with the car for him to win championchips. That would be big call, and theres 100's of infulening factors. Infact it even looks like (certainly at least with Button anywho) that Mclaren might even be getting on terms with Redbull. Next seasons car could be a huge factor tho, It seems to be McLarens achilles heel atm, that they are always coming from behind to devlop the car, and starting off on the back foot with an uncompetitve car.
If the same happens again and oppertunites open up for him, He might just think, "Sod it! i'm trying my luck elsewhere".

To summerize then.......I voted Maybe LOL

Oh I know the Montoya story inside out-though I dont see it quite the way you do. He was my guy before Lewis. Only good thing about him leaving as you say was Lewis got a drive. I think he had some sweeeeet battles with Schumacher, and won a fair few. Big shame he left. Now Lewis and Montoya together:heart:. What a team that would have been !

The way I see MOntoya felt Williams favoured Ralf Schumacher and joined MClaren because he thought the grass was greener on the other side and messed up his 2004 season he was not bothered when the car was no good. Everyone expected him to improve at Mclaren but he went backwards.

His achilles heel was his hot headedness. On his next day if it was channelled right he would be unbeatable but if it was not he was more likely to make an amateurish error and he made far too many at Mclaren when he needed to step up.

I blame him for his own downfall because he failed to step up having got himself a supposedly dream move to Mclaren

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom