Poll Who will take the 2014 WDC

Who will take the 2014 World Drivers Championship

• Fernando Alonso

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Valtteri Bottas

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Actually that's an interesting idea: You take the order of the drivers and cars and reverse them for next race. So driver who finished 1st get the car which finished 22nd.

Shame that I could not vote for the option of Hamilton and Rosberg sharing the Championship as that would be a funny outcome to this season.

From the regulations:
7.2 If two or more constructors or drivers finish the season with the same number of points, the higher place in the Championship (in either case) shall be awarded to :
a) The holder of the greatest number of first places.
b) If the number of first places is the same, the holder of the greatest number of second places.
c) If the number of second places is the same, the holder of the greatest number of third places and so on until a winner emerges.
d) If this procedure fails to produce a result, the FIA will nominate the winner according to such criteria as it thinks fit.
It would be interesting to see what criteria the FIA would use if we arrive at d.
I would use the qualifying results: number of poles, etc.

Last edited:
Wombcat
I guess it would be too much to go for a popularity poll and ask the other drivers and team bosses who deserves to be champ

I would like to see a shoot out race off between the two like they would in Nascar at a neutral circuit

Between Me and Daniel Ricciardo, only one of us is still smiling. I blame it on the fact he has the same christian name as my son.

Back
Top Bottom