1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things... Welcome to the Future (2018 - 2019 Silly Season)

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by Rutherford, Sep 17, 2017.

1. RasputinLives

RasputinLives I was never cool at school. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    You might need to watch your 2008 review DVD again. He retired in the first 4 GP on lap 1. Two of them were mechanical failures (one I remember was engine) and another was a stall and a slow get away.

Either way that was Vettels first full season in F1 and things very much got better. Again I don't dispute that Vettel, Hamilton and all have had incidents where they've acted like morons but I can't remember any of them having them as consistently as Max does.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    RasputinLives That I agree and I looked at the incident again and how Max was not punished for weaving which left Daniel nowhere to go is beyond me

You know I think Nigel Mansell apparently was accident prone in his early years to the point Ron Dennis produced a whole footage of all his crashes and saying Williams made a mistake hiring him so that is the only other person that speaks to mind.

Other notable drivers who crashed - James Hunt - if anyone can back up him being called Hunt the Shunt then please do

Andre De Cesaris - were it not for Marlboro he would not be in F1

4. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

One of my friends had a hatred of Hunt as he had been purposely forced of the black stuff in a lower series in the days when such an event still was very dangerous.

5. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Bill Boddy So it was true he earned the moniker Hunt the Shunt for good reason unless he was named something else I can't say on here

6. Bleu

Bleu Points Scorer

How I remember 2008 season, Vettel wasn't too much to blame in his first-lap crashes.

Australia: Three cars side-by-side with Vettel on the middle, ending it with collision with Button who was inside.
    Bahrain: Someone hit Vettel and broke the radiator.
    Spain: Sutil spun just in front of Vettel
    Britain: The camera angle wasn't good but maybe 50/50 with DC.

His mistakes in early 2009 (crash with Kubica in Oz, spin in Malaysia and crash in Monaco) were worse IMO.

Share This