Movies The worst film you ever saw.

Pacific Rim - although the idea of giant robots fighting interdimensional monsters should have been splendid, the idea that it required 2 people to be mentally linked to operate one of the robots was such a hideous plot contrivance, that it quite ruined it for me. Even Idris Elba looked like his heart wasn't really in it by about 20mins into the film (his accent changing partway through hinted at this).

Wish I hadn't bought it on Blu-Ray...:facepalm:

The Hobbit 2 - The deso.... (CBA)

Three and a half hours to get through about 15 minutes of plot, padded out by hours of crap which was completely unnecessary to the film. It is made plainly obvious that Jackson is only in it for a paycheck.

Easy answer for that.

Hobbit 276 pages
LOTR 1008 pages.

Both of them have 3 full length movies telling the story.

My point entirely. The rumour is that the final "film" will be split into two parts FFS.

This reminds me of episodes 1 2 and 3 of star wars, and the remakes of the original trilogy. They added little to the story, other than allowing George Lucas to indulge himself in a myriad of special effects.

Seriously, special effects are like nudity, only where necessary for the plot please!

Star Wars is a little different, it was always destined to be a 9 film series. Lucas couldn't reproduce what he wanted with the technology available in the 70's/80's so started a third a way through the series.

Another factor is the quality and amount of CGI. It's expensive to produce in terms of cost per second when compared to the same amount of film.
Jackson must obviously want to recoup as much of those costs as possible.

Well, he is in danger of putting people off seeing the films (well, I for one will not be watching the next films)

As for the Star Wars films, I understand the reasoning, I just think that the films were better before he made his changes, and the new films had so much promise in terms of story line, and imho were ruined by poor acting (cold and no character) and overuse of special effects for dramatic effect.

A lot of that was down to the director. As a visionary Lucas is a genius, the world he created is fantastic but his directing skills were not upto scratch.

The best films of the series are Empire and Jedi, the only films not directed by Lucas. I have a lot of hope for episode 7 as it's JJ Abrams at the helm.

I tried reading The Hobbit but didn't get very far. I couldn't decide just what sort of book it was, I like Fantasy books but thought The Hobbit was rather childish.

I could never understand how it came to be voted the best book in the English language, maybe ot got a lot of votes fropm people who had seen the films but never read the book. I prefer Tom Holt.

Without a shadow of a doubt for me the very very worst film I have ever seen is the remake of Conan the Barbarian the film is in fact almost impossible to watch it is nothing more than a series of cut scenes between camera to camera of about 3 or 4 second long basically the film is total ****ing shit..

The closest I can come to describing how tedious the film is would be to say that it is like trying to do a 20 thousand piece jigsaw puzzle in a swimming pool with no picture to guide you no platform to put the pieces on and the wave machine going at full tilt...

After watching the film all you are left with is a thumping headache and a severe feeling of nausea but if you are extremely unlucky you will have the gift of epilepsy and total blindness which lasts for about 5 hours...

For the love of all that right and good do yourself a favour and do not ever watch the enormous lake of liquid dog shit that is Conan the Barbarian remake 2011...

Thank you...

Last edited:
The original Conan was never going to win oscars either but to be honest the new version hasn't appealed to me.

Talking of remakes, who let them do robocop? Is nothing sacred?

Who let them do Total Recall?

The new Batman franchise from Christopher Nolan on the other hand is quite better than the original of Tim Burton.

Last edited:
Anything by Peter Jackson.

His films just drag on and ****ing interminably on.

I won't be watching any of the Hobbit films, LOTR with it's seventeen endings was bad enough.
Enough already! End the ****ing film!

I actually quite like the LOTR films.

The Hobbit, however, is clearly a cash in special. He is looking to give more screen time to a story which was significantly smaller. I mean, LOTR was a trilogy, the hobbit a single book. How can that be spun out over 10 hours of film?

No, you're right. It can't. But **** it, lets try anyway, people will still pay to see it.

The Hobbit book itself is smaller than any one of the Lord of the Ring books.

I thought they would struggle to make it into two parts, then I heard it's going to be three now. :o

Still want to see Desolation of Smaug though.

The original director for The Hobbit, Guillermo del Toro, was going to make it in two parts as there is a natural break in the book. When Peter "Bad Taste" Jackson got involved he split the story in to three, presumably to maximise the box office take. I did enjoy the first film but 9 hours for the Hobbit is a bit long, I reckon I could read the book in that time and use my imagination for the pictures :tumbleweed:

The Hobbit book itself is smaller than any one of the Lord of the Ring books.

I thought they would struggle to make it into two parts, then I heard it's going to be three now. :o

Still want to see Desolation of Smaug though.

I heard that the final part of the story will be split in to two films, meaning 4 in total!!!

If you want to watch the desolation of Smaug, I would wait until it is on TV, record it, then you can fast forward through the 2hr 40 minutes of filler (Orlando Bloom being badly animated etc) to get through the 20 minutes of story.

Or alternatively, give it a miss, there are better ways to waste 3 hours of your life!

After Earth.

Total ****ing nonsense.
I giant eagle sacrificing itself to keep a human alive because said human tried to keep its chicks alive by fighting off lions?

:givemestrength:

I didn't think it was possible for anyone to be worse than Hayden Christensen in Star Wars, but Will Smith's son has him comfortably beat.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom