Music The Music Thread

I love this song. Especially as the title "Randy Scouse Git" was deemed to be to shocking for our sensitive British ears so it was released in the UK under the title "Alternative title". Written by Mickey Dolenz in the wake of spending time in the UK with the Beatles there's the wonderful line "The four kings of EMI are sitting stately on the floor". The Monkees appeared on the One World recording of the Beatles "All You Need is Love" which had many famous fellow singers, artists and musical types singing the "All you need is love" line at the end. That is where the Four Kings reference comes from.

Anyway.

Let's be honest, songs about domestic violence are never going to be part of your average background music over a glass of wine at home but the lyrics of this song are, in my opinion truly magnificent.

My wife would sing lullabies to help my little lad sleep when he was a baby, she would laugh at me because I didn't know any and would make up the words or la la the bits I didn't know. This was the only sort of lullaby I knew so I would sing this all the time.

How about a bit of Zappa?

Not one, but two..!

First, the father, Frank Zappa.

Then. second, his son, Dweezil Zappa playing one of his father's tunes...

Back
Top Bottom