Movies The Best film you've ever seen?

I also enjoy watching the James Bond movies from the 60s and 70s, as they progress through the 80s and 90s I am less impressed with the quality of the script although they are still worth watching.
Nowadays with Daniel Craig however, I feel they are trying to destroy the franchise. A large part in my opinion is down to him, the guy seems to have a pallet of three different facial expressions and the way he acts is always te same no matter what movie he is in. It's a pain trying to watch him act.

Not the best film I've ever seen, but a real cult classic brought to mind by today's Dr Who announcement - I hadn't a clue who he was based on the programs they told me I'd recognise him from, but one of the geniuses that brought us...

The Lair of the White Worm

The Ward. The only scary movie I ever thought was good. Because there is actually a plot. And its more of a creepy thriller movie than scary if you know what I mean. Also Memento is really good, if you don't think so at least you'll end up extremely confused.

Last edited:
I went to the cinema with Wifey this weekend and watched the new Simon Pegg and Nick Frost film, the Worlds End. I have a feeling that it will split a lot of people who watch it but we thought it was really good. It was a lot darker than their previous movies with a feeling of melancholy running throughout but it was also extremely funny.

Courtesy of Sky's free cinema tickets I watched Pain and Gain with Marky Mark Wahlberg last night. Not the best film I've ever seen but made me laugh. Not sure why a story about 3 convicted murderers should be funny but it was.

Just thought about this for a min or two and I highly recommend any of the following if you have an hour or three to spare:

One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest
Bladerunner
Falling Down
Aliens
Cross of Iron
Intouchables
The Abyss
The Usual Suspects
Leon
Life is Beautiful
American Beauty
Saving Private Ryan