Movies The Best film you've ever seen?

Hmm... Well i get my first pay day of my first full time job in a week, might have to pick up a blu ray player and get this on blu ray as well!

Just spotted Eric Bana in Troy (one for the crap film thread) and it reminded me of probably his best film Chopper - the story of Mark "Chopper" Reid who got his nickname from chopping peoples toes off with bolt croppers. A brilliant film and Bana is almost unrecognisable as he put on a huge amount of weight to play Reid.

eric-bana-as-chopper-reid-60998331.jpg

Chopper is a good film. Best line from the film is "Now look what you've done, your mothers upset"

At the moment I'm working my way through the transporter films I think they are great entrainment Jason Statham makes a brilliant hard man and is super cool.....

Just finished watching Revolver and and all I can say is wow totally brilliant I don't know why the critics slammed it so much, maybe they were too stupid to understand it.

It reminded me a lot of Fight Club, one man's struggle with his inner demons trying to solve the riddle of his existence and almost losing himself in the process.

I absolutely loved it, even the cartoon bit in the middle made sense...

Just watched Batman, The Dark Knight Rises.

I have to say, it's brilliant, I was amazed just watching it at the IMAX. Superhero films are usually shit or average, but this batman trilogy made by Christopher Nolan is probably one of the best trilogy's I've ever seen. What makes these films so good, is that they are more realistic than the other superhero films and don't go for the comic vibe. Film is absolutely brilliant, great characters, great scenes, soundtrack, and a big twist at the end.

The only thing I've to say about it, is Batman and Catwoman aren't in it as much as you'd expect. The villain, Bane, is quite intimidating, Catwoman is played really well too. Batman is not bad, although he uses less gadgets in this film, and isn't in the movie as much as you'd expect.

It's a great follow on, although it would have been great for the Joker to have turned up at the end for a laugh.

A bit disappointed on how Nolan's only going to make 3, but better to stop now when it's great rather than to drag it out.

The strange thing about the latest Batman film is that I haven't heard/read a single good review of it by the film critics (not that they hold the key to all that's good in the world of film) but I've not read/heard a poor review of it from those people who have gone to see it. Very strange how it appears to turn the critics cold but the paying public seem to love it.

It's not my cup of tea so I doubt I'll be watching it any time soon though.

I was supposed to see it tonight but something came up so I didn't. Will try get to see it again next week.

Saw the new Batman last Saturday, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think part of the critics' problem is that the previous film set the bar so high in terms of dramatic performance (thanks to Heath Ledger) that the final instalment was always going to struggle to match it. I found the way all the threads were tied up most satisfying though, and sufficient slack was left for a spin-off for someone else - though without the peerless Mr Nolan at the helm, I don't see the point.

Having never heard of it but just having a quick read up on it on IMDB I have to say I'll chalk that one up on the "too watch" list.

Not the best and not a classic by any means but The Change-Up has some genuinely laugh out loud moments in it.

I can't remember the last time I laughed during a movie so thumbs up* from me.

*Pun intended LOL

Back
Top Bottom