The 2013 Season

Bernie just announced they'll be getting extra tyres on a Friday from Barcelona onwards. Whether thats true or his decision to make I don't know but thats what he just said.

Let's be honest, Bernie shout's jump and the FIA ask how high. He's the circus master and will get his way to maximise the TV viewing appeal.

Teams with rookies are getting an extra set of tyres for Friday practice, from the Spanish GP onwards.

Pirelli has proposed to supply an additional set of tyres, built to the same construction as the current race rubber but using a more durable compound, for any team running a rookie driver on Friday mornings.

Teams are currently allocated 11 sets of tyres for the weekend, with one set of the harder compound returned after the first practice sessions.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106779

This idea I like. Encourages teams to give young drivers Friday outings and they can't complain because they could take advantage of it too if they wanted. Still I doubt it will change much, especially within the teams competing for the titles.

Uh, oh, there they go. Adrian Newey and Sebastian Vettel have got the Red Bull by the horns and continue to give the rest the finger. SNAoFU.

Don't worry. His turn for a tyre failure next race. Oh wait, Pirelli, Horner, Whitmarsh, BE, huddles to continue ... three weeks for sudden improved compounds to appear ... normal service resumed. Okay. Worry.:D

Back
Top Bottom