The 2012 Season

Both Mclaren and Lotus have moved ahead of Ferrari Fernando Alonso.

Kimi has been going along quite nicely this year - could get a good result in the championship if he keeps this up.

Alonso doing a Piquet, winning where he can and picking up good points wherever possible. Not very exciting but I get the feeling it will be successful for Fernando.

Massa is now starting to get in the points. When he hasn't recently it has not been his fault. Today he was 12 seconds behind Alonso, under two tenths per lap.

Pirelli have announced the tyre compounds for the next three races:

Belgium - Medium / Hard
Italy - Medium / Hard
Singapore - Supersoft / Soft

Interesting that they've gone for the two hardest compounds. If my mind serves me correctly, didn't they use hard and soft for Spa & Monza last year?

Red Bull were very marginal on tyres at Belgium last year, but that was mainly due to their camber wasnt it?

I'd like to see Super Softs and Hards at one race, just to see what it would be like, if teams did the whole race bar a few laps on the Hards, or 3 or 4 stops with one on the Hards.

Might spice up somewhere like Abu Dhabi, you never know :rolleyes:

I don't think Monza in itself is a low tyre wear circuit but the race is the season's shortest, barely over an hour. There are three very big braking areas over a lap and they take massive lateral loads in the Lesmos and Parabolica so that's a lot of strain on the tyres. Also downforce settings are so low that braking areas, although there aren't many, are longer than they would be elsewhere.

Anyone noticed how ridiculously close McLaren and Lotus are?

McLaren are 1 solitary point ahead in the WCC.

Hamilton and Button have 5 podiums each, Hamilton is a single point ahead.

Grosjean and Button have 3 podiums each - they have the same number of points.

Back
Top Bottom